Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers Sunday 24th Oct kick off 12.45 [Sky Sports 4 & HD4]

• 23-10-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭

A nice juicy encounter is upon us. The circumstances around the game is a lot more tetchy than recent years and it should be a good athmosphere at Celtic Park. Keep your eyes on the officials to see if there are other 'honest mistakes'.

Both teams have maximum points so far with Rangers on top due to goal difference. Rangers have really impressed me thus far considering they have are in the middle of a CL campaign whilst Celtic have no such worries.

I am going for a 2-1 Celtic win with Hooper on the scoresheet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hope to Jaysus I wake up in time for this with UFC on tonight.:(

I'd say 2-1 Celtic, maybe 1-1 either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A tough game ahead for Celtic against a Rangers team who're in top form in both Europe and in the SPL. A big test of character ahead for the Celtic players with the majority of them making their old firm debut tomorrow but I reckon these players are up for it.

While a lot of supporters are hoping for a goalfeast I reckon this could be a tight defensive game with chances a few but I reckon Celtic to win it 1-0. The ref Willie Collum makes his old firm debut tomorrow and hopefully he'll have a good game and he won't be the main talking point when the game is over tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So finally someone will drop a point. The gulf between clubs is at a ridiculous level at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

getting nervous already.... mon the hoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Really looking forward to this game, it's all set up for a cracking match where somethings gotta give.

The same Celtic team as last week with only Juarez coming in for Samaras is how I'd line out.

Hooper & Stokes to get on the scoresheet for Celtic.

Weerebel.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Bring. It. On!!!!!

:D:D:D

(I reckon Celtic will scrap it 2-1) :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time if that makes sense. Hoping for a win of course which would most probably be 2-1 as I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but I would not be surprised with a 1-1 at all. Naismith for them, Stokes for us.

It'll be fiesty for sure, but it's a big big test of character for a lot of new bhoys and that's my main concern - what will the likes of Hooper, Juarez, big Dan, Emilio etc. make of this derby? I'm certain that for a player you just have to experience it - it's not something you can prepare for having never played in one - and I think obviously Rangers will have the advantage on that front. The one plus is that I reckon we can be sure that Stokes will be well up for it. :)

Discipline is key in this one - the usual suspects will be at it tomorrow (Bougherra, Elbows and Lafferty if he's played) - will be interesting to see how the ref sets out his stall for the first 15/20 mins. An early sending off will just kill the game. No Brown in this game might be a good thing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The crowd will encourage bone crunching tackles and someone could get carried away but one player I wouldnt be worried about is Majstorović tbh, he's a player that thinks like Lennon and he'll thrive on the atmosphere. I reckon that Stokes and Juarez will put in big performances too.

Hooper, Ledley & Emilio are the guys that might be ropey in the first 20 minutes i think.

No better man than Lennon to help them prepare for this match.

I'll be putting money on Hooper as first to score tomorrow, had a feeling all week about it so its probably not going to happen but I'll back it anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Both teams are coming into this on top form,probably Rangers a bit more considering their exploits in Europe. While I'm hopeful of a win tomorrow a draw wouldn't be a disastrous result either.

There's a lot of talk about the ref for tomorrow seen that it's his 1st time doing a Celtic v Rangers game but maybe in 1 way this could be a good thing,there's a bit of history concerning some refs who have done this fixture a few times and I'm glad none of them are refereeing tomorrow! I reckon an overseas ref should be doing the Celtic v Rangers games but I doubt this will happen with the SFA involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Dempsey wrote: »
    The crowd will encourage bone crunching tackles and someone could get carried away but one player I wouldnt be worried about is Majstorović tbh, he's a player that thinks like Lennon and he'll thrive on the atmosphere. I reckon that Stokes and Juarez will put in big performances too.

Hooper, Ledley & Emilio are the guys that might be ropey in the first 20 minutes i think.

No better man than Lennon to help them prepare for this match.

I'll be putting money on Hooper as first to score tomorrow, had a feeling all week about it so its probably not going to happen but I'll back it anyways!

Lennon is actually where my hopes lie tomorrow in all honesty, i reckon there is a chance he may have them fired up too much and knowing that Rangers will set up fairly defensively that fire in their bellies may lead to a loss of discipline.

Either that or we could see a damp 0-0 draw....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

1-0 to The Rangers. Miller with the goal. My prediction anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

1-2 to the Gers

Eirebear wrote: »
    Lennon is actually where my hopes lie tomorrow in all honesty, i reckon there is a chance he may have them fired up too much and knowing that Rangers will set up fairly defensively that fire in their bellies may lead to a loss of discipline.

Either that or we could see a damp 0-0 draw....

Well, you have Lennon, Mjallby & Thompson, 3 veterans of Old Firm matches. Thompson last proper match for Celtic was an Old Firm match where he was sent off so whilst Lennon and Mjallby will be firing them up, Thompson will be reminding them of the consequences of recklessness.

Rangers can come to CP, get a draw and go home happy. Celtic are going into the match knowing that they need to win the title back and it starts with winning against Rangers in their own backyard. Celtic will be pumped up more, no doubt but hopefully discipline wont be an issue.

Someone doing a tackle similar to Roy Keane's on Overmars about 35 seconds into the Ireland Holland match of 2001 ("The Welcome to Lansdowne Road Tackle") wont be frown upon by me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Dempsey wrote: »
    Well, you have Lennon, Mjallby & Thompson, 3 veterans of Old Firm matches. Thompson last proper match for Celtic was an Old Firm match where he was sent off so whilst Lennon and Mjallby will be firing them up, Thompson will be reminding them of the consequences of recklessness.

Rangers can come to CP, get a draw and go home happy. Celtic are going into the match knowing that they need to win the title back and it starts with winning against Rangers in their own backyard. Celtic will be pumped up more, no doubt but hopefully discipline wont be an issue.

Someone doing a tackle similar to Roy Keane's on Overmars about 35 seconds into the Ireland Holland match of 2001 ("The Welcome to Lansdowne Road Tackle") wont be frown upon by me :pac:

Bet you complained about KT's on Keane though :p

1-1 draw for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just back from a walk, -3c outside and a beautiful crisp morning. I'll have to wear me fleece and wooly hat to the game today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So it's the title decider today ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nah, there are 3 more title deciders later!

Bet you complained about KT's on Keane though :p

1-1 draw for me

I dont remember that tackle tbh, any videos?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Squeaky bum time now.

C'mon the hoops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Ouch a really sore one on Papac from Stokes

• Advertisement

Ouch a really sore one on Papac from Stokes

Jaysus, fiesty!!! Elbows and Stokes already on yellows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shocking challenges. First one from stoke was an ankle breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Best start to one of these in years!!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Jaysus, fiesty!!! Elbows and Stokes already on yellows!

Two definite yellows (for bad challenges) and the ball cracking against the post in the first five minutes, this could be fun :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nasty one from Stokes, probably should have gone for that.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Shocking challenges. First one from stoke was an ankle breaker.

As opposed to the 2nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Jesus talk about starting at a million miles an hour, incredible.

PauloMN wrote: »
    As opposed to the 2nd?

The 2nd one had nothing on Stokes' one, c'mon now.

Granted I only seen the 2nd in real time but Stokes' one was dirty.

Both yellows were fully deserved, in both cases I think that both are a case of the players being pumped up and fully committed. Stupid yes, dangerous yes, deliberate no.

BTW I also hate this stuff about player x did this but so did player y so it is okay etc.

• Advertisement

Juarez on for Maloney.

McCulloch can consider himself lucky to stay on, had he not been booked the ref would have probably given him a yellow

Get in there Hooper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

haha - the look on Lennon's face!! Get in!

Hehe :D

Good finish and good strikers instincts, all of the defenders get attracted to the ball while the striker waits for the break. From a Rangers point of view it was terrible defending, opposition striker left unmarked in the box and Davis is slow to get off the line

• Advertisement

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

MIssed it.
    Who scored for Rangers? And how?

Edit: Oh lord, now Miller scores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Why did Celtic let Kenny Miller go again?

Dear oh dear. Forster's clearance very sloppy.

Oh I hate that *****r....

• Advertisement

@ Revolution

First was an OG by Loovens according to futbol24, I missed it too.

Miller just made it 2-1 Rangers, poor kick by the keeper.

Hope they hold it for my bet now.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sloppy clearance, he was offside when ball was knocked forward though and it didn't appear to be a new phase when he got it. Flag should have gone up?

Wish Sammy would release the ball earlier sometimes.... gets himself into trouble a lot.

Agh ref, never a penalty.

Nice dive son, embarrassment.

What a dive by Broadfoot, terrible decision by the official

Diving little fcuker. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ref didn't even see it and awards the peno. Bizarre.

Siht decision.... If this goes in game over....
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Dive, great peno though.

Looking at the penalty again I do not know how the referee can see the incident :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement