Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Rangers Sunday 24th Oct kick off 12.45 [Sky Sports 4 & HD4]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

More Biased officiating towards Rangers...joke at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Holy god it sometimes defies logic how Samaras is in that team.....he just gets the ball, knocks it ahead of himself and runs into people and loses it. Its past a joke now. Gonna take somethin special to get back into this now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

More Biased officiating towards Rangers...joke at this stage

Honest mistake. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Terrible challenge by Samaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Who was the commentator on Sky? I only ever hear him on SPL games and all he does is shout. It is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

yup bad call for the penalty but come on if it had been Samaras are you going to tell me you wouldn't have been happy to get it.
    Oh and stop with the "Honest mistake" stuff it doesn't do you any favours

Oh well I am one happy bear :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Aside from the penalty, the best team won - there's no doubt about that. I was disappointed with Celtic 2nd half. Samaras and Stokes in particular - one person I thought wouldn't be over-awed by the occasion clearly was.

Can only put it down to experience really, Lenny's side is very new, so hopefully they'll learn from it and learn how things work in these games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Watched this game. The penalty decision was terrible, the ref actually had his back to it, there were a couple of dodgy linesman decisions down the right in the 2nd half where the player was yards offside and no flag went up.

As for Celtic, they were dire in fairness, there was absolutely no movement off the ball and the whole team was too static. The defence was awful also and the goal they conceded at the start of teh 2nd half was really poor. Have to say that even with the peno decision that Rangers deserved this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Comfortable win for Rangers it has to be said. Celtic were awful and Rangers really showed them up in the 2nd half. I have seen Rangers play much better including midweek against Valencia but they still strolled game in 2nd half. It wasn't a penalty, but didn't influence game. Once Celtic went 2 1 down, they were bet, you could see it in their faces. They weren't coming back, Rangers have that team spirit that has been developed over 3 seasons or us and money cannot buy that. Celtic had some shocking fouls today, really disgusting stuff from Stokes who could have broken Papac's ankle, Samaras on Naismith near end was another red in my opinion. He cleaned Naismith straight out of it from behind with not a chance of getting ball. Straight red, could have put Naismith out of game. Samaras was awful, interesting that some people thought he had a good game. There was a knee on McGregor too from Glorious George. Get rid of him Lenny. An embarassment to Celtic. Walter Smith now has more Old Firm match wins that Jock Stein. Legend of a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

THFC wrote: »
    haha - the look on Lennon's face!! Get in!

Yeah...****ing fantastic at full time too!

Cant say i'm surprised to come on here and see lots of posts complaining about "honest mistakes".
    Stokes should have walked in the very first minute, and just how many warnings did Samaras get before he hacked down Naismith with a few minutes left?

Always cheated, never defeated.

As for the penalty, yeah...two hands and a knee...thats a fair tackle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Terrible result today and the team just didn't perform in the 2nd half and didn't deserve to win. As for Lennon after a great run of league games unbeaten today will be disappointing for him but a bigger test lies ahead now with him trying to rally the players now for the upcoming league games,It's important that Celtic get back to winning ways ASAP and keep the pressure on Rangers. Today might have been a disaster but league titles aren't decided in October,a long season left yet to repair today's damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Really disappointed today at how easy it was for Celtic to be brushed aside by Rangers. I don;t think Loovens could do anything about the OG, Forster to blame for the very poor kick out and the less said about the penalty the better!

Hooper took his goal well though. Not happy

Advertisement