Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yeast nutrient

Options
  • 23-10-2010 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi i'm brewing coopers canadian blond at the moment and the fermentation is stuck at 1016. added some yeast restarter on the advice of brewing shop which started it off bubbling again but has now stopped and gravity is the same. am now going to add some yeast nutrient but was wondering how much to add, i have a 43.7g packet. do i add it all?
    cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

What gravity did the beer start at? What type of sugar did you use, brewing sugar or spraymalt? I would not be adding nutrient or another yeast. What temp is it at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 FUD MAN

started at 1046 and is now stuck on 1014 came down a bit with a bit of stiring. has been a week and a half now, might just bottle it. was coopers brew enhancer 1 that i used for the sugar...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

While that is a little high for that beer to finish, I doubt it will be a problem. Comes out at 4.2% ABV before you factor in the priming sugar. I would say bottle it.

Advertisement