Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using N97 Mini GPS Abroad

Options
  • 23-10-2010 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hi guys anyone know how to set up the N97 so i can use its GPS in Germany without the high data costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Im Meteor.

So just go offline in OVI? Simple enough ~ thanks!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont like the phone into offline myself, i dont think you need to do it once you know how it works. When the handset is in offline mode you wont get any calls or texts which is useless. Its a multifunction device.

If you select stay offline in the options of the maps app you will be ok. In a lot of cases assisted can be left on, as the data is covered by the networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

I will try offline in ovi and untick agps.

Im going to mess with the sat nav over here prior to going and see if any KB's are registering. Just updated the Bavarian region maps.

Thanks again.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement