Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy or n900 or ip4 or bb or htc

Options
  • 23-10-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

FOR USE AS A BUSINESS PHONE.

What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    Operator - have you an operator preference
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Price range

As per Toms instructions

I'm looking for a decent phone at the end of the year, now Ive had a bb8310 in the past but that was a company phone and had to give it back.

features important to me incl
    being able to use skype, Ive never done it by mobile phone but will soon learn how, but i do need it as carrying around laptop at home is a pain. and I want to use it away from home.

qwerty keyboard is important I havent any experience of touchscreen, so would getting a touchscreen take long to get used of?

Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    I dont know the difference, but yes i need wifi any way to connect to my house, and yes i also want to browse away from home.
    I want bluetooth
    camera and video yes
    I want IR but dont need it now maybe as everything is BT?
    I want gps (my old bb was a choice between gps or wifi I choose gps as I had unlimited data and internet any way)
    I want to be able to receive emails.
    I want to be able to look at docs.
    I want to utilize all the social network sites.
    dont care for operator as i will be buying sim free.
    now the phone doesnt have to be the ones in my title, If anybody has any other suggestions for one.

What I dont need is a phone for games and ****€ like that.

from reading reviews on iphone it looks like a kids social phone really and not a biz phone,
    n900 is slow and lags.

so its between bb (WHICH IS THE BEST BB BTW) and htc, but i read somewhere htc does not go to flash sites OR allow calls from skype.

so it looks like bb, or galaxy but can somebody with experience leave a message with their thinking.

please help as when i last had a serious phone (bb 8310 I didnt utilize it properly as a biz tool and just used it as a souped up phone with gps.
    Makes me feel more like an idiot now as phones have come on in leaps and bounds since I last used it.

I wont start to ask whats the difference between ovi, android, windows, iphone OS etc.... I promise :)

TIA

As a biz phone which is the smarter of the smart phones 13 votes

Blackberry Storm
    0%
    Iphone4
    15%
    Zonda999angel01 2 votes
    HTC Desire
    7%
    Obskure 1 vote
    Samsung galaxy
    30%
    thetealbogmanWalkmanDamie 4 votes
    nokia n900
    23%
    god's toyrebevecnocbui 3 votes
    Nexus one
    23%
    dreginAlanstrainorSilver-Tiger 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭yeahme

oh gawd im after going thru the win7 phone thread,
    Is there a school I can go thru to learn how to use these phones?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

yeahme wrote: »
    n900 is slow and lags.

so its between bb (WHICH IS THE BEST BB BTW) and htc, but i read somewhere htc does not go to flash sites OR allow calls from skype.

so it looks like bb, or galaxy but can somebody with experience leave a message with their thinking.

TIA

If you clock it, it improves. But TBH, Maemo just feels a bit clunky and dated.

The Skype comment is news to me. Could've sworn i saw it in the marketplace, and that was on a HTC.

The Galaxy has no flash on the Camera (WTF?)

Desire is out of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Samsung galaxy
    Hopefully the desire becomes available again over the next few weeks, if so, its an easy decision OP. If not, the galaxy S is as good a substitute as you'll find.

Desire HD will be out soon, I can't say I'm overly excited about it though

Advertisement