Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My lay selections

Options
  • 23-10-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Saturday October 23 2010
    Chepstow 14:00
    BOBBIE MAGERN Lay- Richard Johnson as a excellent strike rate for the owner of my selection but rides BENS MOOR, Paddy Brennan as ridden this horse on all its starts but today even though he is present does not take the ride, Any more rain would be against my selection.
    Saturday October 23 2010
    Newbury 14:05 Elzaam lay-Blinkered for the first time, the effect for a horses wearing blinkers is enormous his/ her vision can drop from as much as 180 degrees to as little as 30 degrees, Also I feel that blinkers do frighten a horse to run faster hence a frightened horse will use more energy early on in the race. My selections best form is on fast ground and is running at this distance for the first time.

Saturday October 23 2010
    Aintree 14:10
    Westlin' Winds (IRE) Mille Chief (FR) Both lays.

Jake Greenall Is a 7LB claimer who rides Westlin' Winds, The dead weight issue comes into play along with the fact that A P McCoy as a good strike rate for the trainer as several rides booked at the track but does not ride my selection. Mille cheif looks the form pick but having looked at replays of his races I don’t think that he jumps with sort of fluency. Both are making their debuts in handicap company, GIFTED LEADER along with CHESHIRE PRINCE on form have a good chance to cause a upset.
    Saturday October 23 2010 Aintree 14:45 FORTYSECOND STREET LAY

Wilson Renwick is 0-27 at Aintree,If the running pattern of my selection can be taken at face value then he would need the race. Would be better suited by a stiffer track.
    Sunday October 24 2010
    Aintree 14:10 FRANKLINO lay. Both his wins have been in small sized Fields over in France on gs. cost only 3k as a yearling where’s the likes of Ibn Hiyyan cost$400,000 as a Y and was sold for £40,000 at Doncaster sales, So life is such that you get what you pay for. This horse is trading at 1.81 at time of writing I feel it could drift out to 2.18-2.38

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Cheshire Prince is one of my favourite horses over hurdles. Is this a log? Could be better placed in the gambling forum.

Advertisement