Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas boiler and 7 days programmeble thermostat

Options
  • 23-10-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi ,

i am stuck with my 7 days programmeble thermostat. i have a gas boiler in my house which is HERMANN SUPERMICRA R 24SE, and i bought a LUX tx9000ts to hook it up with the boiler.

it should be a straight forward job for a electrician, who knows how a boiler works, now i dont seems to be find any electrician who can wire it up with the boiler. its a standered stermostat. i have wiring diagram and manual for both. if anybody can help me out to find a electrician please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you're swopping one programmable stat for another?

should be simple swop out then

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭joy123

M cebee wrote: »
    you're swopping one programmable stat for another?

should be simple swop out then

no, thats the problem, its a new installation not swap, so i have to run cables to the kitchen.

how are you controlling the boiler now

a mechanical timer?

any zones? or everything on together

its have a built in timer, and only 1 zone, i can give you the manual for the boiler to make it clear(i dont know much about boiler).

not much to it anyhow

you could have saved yourself wiring- by using a Wireless PS and base unit

• Advertisement

not much to it anyhow

you could have saved yourself wiring- by using a Wireless PS and base unit

i dont bother to run a cables, and i really like that lux thermostat, its have lots of option etc. only thing i am worried about wiring with the boiler. i already call a electrician but by the way he was talking i know he didn't have any clue what he was talking about. he want to wire it up in main line what turn off the boiler all together.

here is link for boiler electric diagram http://theinitiativegroup.org.uk/fscinitiativedatabase/Hermann/SMC_R%20982160035_008_UKENG_LAS.pdf

and here is my thermostat's wiring diagram http://www.luxproproducts.com/pdfs/PSP711TS_WebMan_ENG_20051013.pdf

anybody there can help me with it?

ya -it'll have a 'call loop' rather than shutting it down

so you'd need a 3-core and a separate pair if possible to PS for call

ya -it'll have a 'call loop' rather than shutting it down

so you'd need a 3-core and a separate pair if possible to PS for call

ya thats what i thought, in page 30 in boiler manual M10 socket looks like the one designated for call loop, is it right?

any electrician wanna finish this for me, can you please PM me, i live in co.galway. thanks

yes M10 is the call loop

• Advertisement

thanks, as my thermostat manual i have to wire 2 wire from boiler to thermostat, i belive its W and RC/RH, i just cant figure it which wire connect to what?

your stat is battery powered so no supply required

2-core from M10 to W and RC/RH by the look of it

polarity irrelevant and keep call loop separate from mains cabling

you seem fairly competent -you could do it yourself prob

your stat is battery powered so no supply required

2-core from M10 to W and RC/RH by the look of it

polarity irrelevant and keep call loop separate from mains cabling

you seem fairly competent -you could do it yourself prob

thanks, i tried it my self. after open the boiler i found the M10 is connected to a 2 core cable and end of the cable its heatshrinked. looks like to me a NTC sensor there. i disconnect that cable and put 2 cable from my t'stat to M10. connected the W and RC/RH to M10. now when i turn on heat mood from t'stat, boiler turned on but it doesn't fire and stay on for 1 min then turn off itself. i attached some pic

what i think i should run a system common from t'stat to the boiler? which is labeled C in t'stat? but where will i get the system common in boiler?

please i need your expertise on this, i couldn't find anybody to do it for me so may aswell do it myself!

M10 is your call loop anyhow

you can check it with a single pole switch

and then connect the PS later -after verifying the PS contact is making/breaking

there should be no re-wiring of boiler required afaik

now im not a heating engineer or anything

i will try that now, but i tried with the continuity test with a voltmeter in t'stat in terminal W and RC/RH, when the t'stat in heat moode its connected the two line. thats why i thought it will work. now i will try with bare cable. let you know in few.

ok, you r right. its works, i have no switch so i tried bare cable as soon as i connect its turn on the boiler heat mode.

will the independent timing on the PS affect the operation/efficiency of boiler?

i'm assuming the boiler timer is set to 24hr for this

not too sure on that one- would need to be confirmed anyhow

someone else might be able to confirm

i turn on the heat on thermostat, and i prog the t'stat for 26 c, room temp 19 at the moment. and i did set for indiviusal days. now when i turn on the t'stat its showing RH/RC and B connected and when i turn off its off. is that mean i have to wire it with B instead w? i am goona try diffrent things in t'stat to check which one gives a connection between RH/RC and W.

one thing for sure now 'call loops' works for boiler :):D

i think i know whats the problem, i didn't put the thermostat to auto mood, let you know.

ya its woking now, i leave it for 1 hour and see if it does what it suppose to do, then all i have to do is run the cable to kitchen and thats all, happy time :D

one more thing is i have a cat3 cable netwok in my house running all the room. do you think the cable is think enough to carry that signal? i think it should be ok, isn't it?

i would use 2-core flex

• Advertisement

thanks M cebee for walk me through to this.

Advertisement