Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meandthem's Lay Bets

Options
  • 23-10-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Saturday October 23 2010
    Chepstow 14:00
    BOBBIE MAGERN Lay- Richard Johnson as a excellent strike rate for the owner of my selection but rides BENS MOOR, Paddy Brennan as ridden this horse on all its starts but today even though he is present does not take the ride, Any more rain would be against my selection.
    Saturday October 23 2010
    Newbury 14:05 Elzaam lay-Blinkered for the first time, the effect for a horses wearing blinkers is enormous his/ her vision can drop from as much as 180 degrees to as little as 30 degrees, Also I feel that blinkers do frighten a horse to run faster hence a frightened horse will use more energy early on in the race. My selections best form is on fast ground and is running at this distance for the first time.

Saturday October 23 2010
    Aintree 14:10
    Westlin' Winds (IRE) Mille Chief (FR) Both lays.

Jake Greenall Is a 7LB claimer who rides Westlin' Winds, The dead weight issue comes into play along with the fact that A P McCoy as a good strike rate for the trainer as several rides booked at the track but does not ride my selection. Mille cheif looks the form pick but having looked at replays of his races I don’t think that he jumps with sort of fluency. Both are making their debuts in handicap company, GIFTED LEADER along with CHESHIRE PRINCE on form have a good chance to cause a upset.
    Saturday October 23 2010 Aintree 14:45 FORTYSECOND STREET LAY

Wilson Renwick is 0-27 at Aintree,If the running pattern of my selection can be taken at face value then he would need the race. Would be better suited by a stiffer track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

meandthem wrote: »
    Saturday October 23 2010
    Chepstow 14:00
    BOBBIE MAGERN Lay- Richard Johnson as a excellent strike rate for the owner of my selection but rides BENS MOOR, Paddy Brennan as ridden this horse on all its starts but today even though he is present does not take the ride, Any more rain would be against my selection.
    Saturday October 23 2010
    Newbury 14:05 Elzaam lay-Blinkered for the first time, the effect for a horses wearing blinkers is enormous his/ her vision can drop from as much as 180 degrees to as little as 30 degrees, Also I feel that blinkers do frighten a horse to run faster hence a frightened horse will use more energy early on in the race. My selections best form is on fast ground and is running at this distance for the first time.

Saturday October 23 2010
    Aintree 14:10
    Westlin' Winds (IRE)Mille Chief (FR) Both lays.

Jake Greenall Is a 7LB claimer who rides Westlin' Winds, The dead weight issue comes into play along with the fact that A P McCoy as a good strike rate for the trainer as several rides booked at the track but does not ride my selection. Mille cheif looks the form pick but having looked at replays of his races I don’t think that he jumps with sort of fluency. Both are making their debuts in handicap company, GIFTED LEADER along with CHESHIRE PRINCE on form have a good chance to cause a upset.
    Saturday October 23 2010 Aintree 14:45 FORTYSECOND STREET LAY

Wilson Renwick is 0-27 at Aintree,If the running pattern of my selection can be taken at face value then he would need the race. Would be better suited by a stiffer track.

All good lays, well done and at good laying odds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 meandthem

Moffo wrote: »
    All good lays, well done and at good laying odds too.
    Thank you very much, I did have one more which I forgot to post in this section, You can find it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=389, Thank you once ag

A £400 purchase – As had only one run on soft ground, First season sire, Jockey as yet to ride a winner for trainer, Chris Catlin usually rides for M R Channon it is intersteing that he was not booked to ride for M R Channon instead rides LIBERTIA , I like the running comments of SEADREAM -Unseated rider and bolted to post, ran green in rear, ridden 2f out, no danger but kept on, not disgraced, These comments indicate to me that this horse was all fired up, Kept on tells me that the step up in trip will suite, Like my selection he too takes a drop in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Which one of the pair are you laying meandthem,Libertia is it?

greetings wrote: »
    Which one of the pair are you laying meandthem,Libertia is it?
    Sorry I did not fully copy mes, The lay bet was as below, You can see that she cost only £400
    Wednesday October 27 2010 Nottingham 1:30 NEYTIRI LAY
    A £400 purchase – As had only one run on soft ground, First season sire, Jockey as yet to ride a winner for trainer, Chris Catlin usually rides for M R Channon it is intersteing that he was not booked to ride for M R Channon instead rides LIBERTIA , I like the running comments of SEADREAM -Unseated rider and bolted to post, ran green in rear, ridden 2f out, no danger but kept on, not disgraced, These comments indicate to me that this horse was all fired up, Kept on tells me that the step up in trip will suite, Like my selection he too takes a drop in class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

And it goes in,good call.

greetings wrote: »
    And it goes in,good call.
    thank you

Thursday October 28 2010 Lingfield 1:40 DUBAI QUEEN LAY.
    A very tight call between my selection and BAKOURA, DUBAI QUEEN I feel would need to improve to beat BAKOURA who was not disgraced in finishing 5th in a class 2 handicap, The first 3 horses in that race were rated 88, 84 and 85, Although that is excellent form I feel it is surpassed the Folkestone run, this race was over 7f on Gf was only beaten a HD by Our Way Only trained by R Hannon who runs POPPY in this race. The horse that catches the eye in that race is Sensational Love who Finished 4th beaten 10L, SL went on to win a class 5 md over 6f at Winsor finishing 4th in that race was State Senator a 70,000gns purchase who holds some nice entries 3 group 1, both Sir Mark Prescott and R Hannon have runners in this race, both will have good form lines and would know what it would take to beat the 2 market principals, A very interesting race

FRI 29 OCT 2010 1:15 Newmarket COMMENDED- LAY
    Looking at both the replays of both his starts on GS- GD I feel that he would be better suited by faster ground. From a pedigree perspective from last 50 runners 2 winners, last 28 days 1 from 32. There are some expensive purchases in the line up and I feel this race will be won by a first time starter, also over the past 5 seasons October-November have not been good months for B.Hill.
    FRI 29 OCT 2010 Uttoxeter KILCREA KIM LAY
    Winning form over rules is on Gd ground not heavy, Won a 4 runner affair where he beat drill sergeant by 8L, the other 2 runners were no super stars, What An Oscar was beaten a total of 32Ls in his previous 2 races he carried on this tradition in his race after the KILCREA KIM when he was beaten 18L, Three Chords who finished last was a first time starter. My assumption of the race where he beat drill sergeant by 8 lengths is that there was something amiss with DS that day, He is a confirmed front runner but on this particular day his jumping let him down. Also when you look through his form you will find that every time he as run in small sized fields he as been well beaten. Having looked at KILCREA KIMs win in the MTP race on Gs ground I looked at the horses that he beat that day-That’s Ben only had 2 runs under his belt, previous race he was BD, Desertmore Valley finished 3rd but was placed 2nd (That’s Ben DSQ)) was not suited by the soft ground, Abbiedan was well beaten. This horse as had starts 8 starts pulled up 6 times. This horse I feel is the definition of a false Fav a phrase which is often used by so called professional tipsters who just use it to make them look good and make the subscriber think that the Tipster is the real deal.
    RUNNING COMMENTS OF Drill Sergeant
    Led, headed after 3rd, mistake 4th, not always fluent after, upsides winner before 7th, ridden after 3 out, not quicken after 2 out, one pace and well held run-in (op 8-13 tchd 4-6)

Thursday October 28 2010 Lingfield 1:40 DUBAI QUEEN LAY.
    A very tight call between my selection and BAKOURA, DUBAI QUEEN I feel would need to improve to beat BAKOURA who was not disgraced in finishing 5th in a class 2 handicap, The first 3 horses in that race were rated 88, 84 and 85, Although that is excellent form I feel it is surpassed the Folkestone run, this race was over 7f on Gf was only beaten a HD by Our Way Only trained by R Hannon who runs POPPY in this race. The horse that catches the eye in that race is Sensational Love who Finished 4th beaten 10L, SL went on to win a class 5 md over 6f at Winsor finishing 4th in that race was State Senator a 70,000gns purchase who holds some nice entries 3 group 1, both Sir Mark Prescott and R Hannon have runners in this race, both will have good form lines and would know what it would take to beat the 2 market principals, A very interesting race

Well done with yesterday's Lay..might have been a bit close ;)

Good luck with today's.. i see they're both tipped on Sportinglife. Do you concentrate on favourites in Maidens and Novices ?

• Advertisement

Well done with yesterday's Lay..might have been a bit close ;)

Good luck with today's.. i see they're both tipped on Sportinglife. Do you concentrate on favourites in Maidens and Novices ?
    Thank you, All races are the same to me, I like challenges and there is no bigger challenge than 2 year old maiden races or novice, Yes it was a close thing yesterday but a winning bet is a winning bet, I don’t want to be wise after the event but I did feel the winner had a good chance but the big price put me off (that’s the honest truth)

Thank you, All races are the same to me, I like challenges and there is no bigger challenge than 2 year old maiden races or novice, Yes it was a close thing yesterday but a winning bet is a winning bet, I don’t want to be wise after the event but I did feel the winner had a good chance but the big price put me off (that’s the honest truth)

I'm interested in Laying horses myself, and just curious does it bother you when the horse you select to Lay is tipped to win by other punters elsewhere... does it make you think again ?

I'm interested in Laying horses myself, and just curious does it bother you when the horse you select to Lay is tipped to win by other punters elsewhere... does it make you think again ?
    No never, this game is all about opinions,
    Every jockey, trainer, owner and armchair punter will have his or her opinion about the chances of the horses they ride, train, own or bet on. Over 75% of punters are flawed emotionally.
    Punters following a horse, trainer or a jockey blind. The "Hype" horses are cannon
    for emotional punters. They may also follow tipsters blind as they hate the thought of missing out on a winner. Most Don’t want to put the effort in, They have follow a path of poor planning
    and lack of research. They refuse to study and spend hours looking at how they can
    win at betting. They refuse to invest in the game and invest in their own education.
    just look at the racing for 20 minutes and expect to
    win long term. You can't get away with that in the hardest trade of all,
    Winning Money at Betting. If it was that easy, then millions would do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Good call again, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

good pick,

followed you on that one though i must admit i was finding
    it hard to pick one to beat it and up pops an 80/1 shot to win well :)

not sure i have the balls to lay the other one so ill quit while im ahead

i see kilkrea kim is 4.2 now
    too big to lay but at around 6/4/7/4
    it might have been worth it

Well done on Commended... beaten by an 80/1 outsider

Kilcrea Kim... just held on to win ... unlucky...can't lose them all

Well done on Commended... beaten by an 80/1 outsider

Kilcrea Kim... just held on to win ... unlucky...can't lose them all
    Thank you, It was priced at Ev money this morning drifted out 3s, Never mind thats life and thats horse racing

FRI 29 OCT 2010 Wolverhampton 6:10 NEVER NEVER LAND LAY Last price matched 1.75
    This would be my best lay of the week, EDUCATED SON and LADY PLATINUM CLUB both stand out on form, LADY PLATINUM CLUB as the best form on offer, I feel you can forgive her for last 2 runs, Most recent run was over C&D where she was beaten 8L, That run can be excused on the grounds of inexperienced Jockey Adam Carter is a 7Lb claimer who as yet to ride a 2 year old to victory, The run before that was on turf on gs ground in a class 4 handicap over 6f, Over short sprint distances it is important to get a good start, On this occasion the running comments tell me this was not the case (-Hampered start, held up, ridden over 2f out, soon no impression) Black Annis Bower the winner of that race as been placed in class 4 handicaps, To find her best form you have to go back August 210 – She ran in a class 4 handicap at Haydock. She was beaten 3L by Belle Royale who was winning off a mark of 74, Belle Royale as improved from that run,her current mark is 87 as gone high as 92. The important thing to note is that Belle Royale as won 4 races. William Buick the jockey of my selection as a poor strike rate in Maiden races he is more effected in selling and Claiming races.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Keep all your posts in one thread please mate, I merged the 2 threads there.

Good stuff so far. I also changed the thread title.

Keep up the good work.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Keep all your posts in one thread please mate, I merged the 2 threads there.

Good stuff so far. I also changed the thread title.

Keep up the good work.
    My apologies, Even though last lay was unsuccessful still the 2 horse mentioned were placed, I feel that had EDUCATED SON not run so green the result would have been different, You should put him in your note books.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    good pick,

What a result it would have been for people who green up! People think there is some magic formula to predict the price movement; People who peddle so called software tell you there’s no need for you to have horse racing knowledge what a load of rubbish!

mailburner wrote: »
    good pick,

Sorry a bit late, But I have to congratulate you for knowing when to call it a day and you was right not to lay it at 4.20, Well done

Advertisement