Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz is on the brain, need help!

Options
  • 23-10-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

me and my boyfriend have been talking about moving to Australia as there is nothing left in this country. My boyfriend should be able to get a job no bother but I don't have an qualifications so yeah I can get a job waitressing/receptionist things like that to see me through for awhile...but I want to be a paramedic and I've looked into the colleges over there but their tuition fees are ALOT and it says your not entitled to student loans unless your a citizen and there is no way I could afford that out of my own pocket. I'm hoping somebody might be able to offer me some advice on what to do!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

what is your boyfriends skill level? What does he do?

Edit: Reason I ask is the following the Paramedic course here takes about 4 years.

The fees for this course should be lower if you are permanent residents. Your boyfriend could apply for PR on his skills and if successfull. Then you can come over as his de-facto as long as the two of you can prove your relationship for over 6 months. This allows you you to do the course at Australian prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padrepio

Pebbles! wrote: »
    me and my boyfriend have been talking about moving to Australia as there is nothing left in this country. My boyfriend should be able to get a job no bother but I don't have an qualifications so yeah I can get a job waitressing/receptionist things like that to see me through for awhile...but I want to be a paramedic and I've looked into the colleges over there but their tuition fees are ALOT and it says your not entitled to student loans unless your a citizen and there is no way I could afford that out of my own pocket. I'm hoping somebody might be able to offer me some advice on what to do!

traffic control is an option for casual work. Pays about $20-$25 an hour with extra for nights and weekends. Loads of girls do it but the heat and boredom would have to be taken into account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Where does one apply to get one of these traffic control jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Retro Traffic control or ATM (Australian Traffic Management)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Zambia232 wrote: »
    what is your boyfriends skill level? What does he do?

Edit: Reason I ask is the following the Paramedic course here takes about 4 years.

The fees for this course should be lower if you are permanent residents. Your boyfriend could apply for PR on his skills and if successfull. Then you can come over as his de-facto as long as the two of you can prove your relationship for over 6 months. This allows you you to do the course at Australian prices.

yeah I read it is about 3-4 years which is longer..I'd be worried about being able to fund the course and living expenses! The more I think about it, it might not be possible to do it straight away but after living there for awhile who knows???:confused:

My boyfriend is a Truck Driver and there seems to be a lot of work going in that area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement