Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruckless Charity Cycle.

Options
  • 23-10-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing it tomorrow (24/10), Any idea of numbers or route. I know the start place, time, possible route, and its about 40km.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dammit had heard nothing about that! was thinking of doing something like this recently

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Registration is at the community centre in the morning at 12. I only found out sunday or monday when someone else told me about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

good job i dint go saddle bolts sheared after 40km today (luckily club ride had a team car :D )

Man that was a big hill up to Ardara.

:D
    good job i dint go saddle bolts sheared after 40km today (luckily club ride had a team car :D )

Ouch, nasty, hope you didn't catch anything on the stem.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish-stew wrote: »
    Man that was a big hill up to Ardara.

:D

Ouch, nasty, hope you didn't catch anything on the stem.

;)

which way did you go to ardara ? always looking for a new big climb to throw in ! (even though i go up slowly)

no , no damage done (to me anyway) was just trundling along at 30km/h on the flat when it went so just pulled in and went looking fro broken bits on the road

• Advertisement

which way did you go to ardara ? always looking for a new big climb to throw in ! (even though i go up slowly)

no , no damage done (to me anyway) was just trundling along at 30km/h on the flat when it went so just pulled in and went looking fro broken bits on the road

Left Bruckless heading for Donegal Town, turned left just after Dunkineely around 7 to 8km, through the townland of Ardaghy (i think), mostly uphill from there to Ardara, couple of short decents. Turned left on to the mainstreet, keeping to the main road all the way back towards Killybegs, another climb on this road, before rejoining the road between Killybegs and Bruckless. About 40 km altoghter.

Was a good morning/early afternoon, about 30 riders altogether, first one home i beleive was an hour and 20 mins, about 2 hours for me. Thanks to all the ladies back the community centre for the sandwiches, tea, and biscuits afterwards.

:)

Advertisement