Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Start on Batman??

Options
  • 23-10-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey

i want to start readin batman comics but i dont have time to start from the beginning and work my way up to comic 600 and something where could i start where i wont be lost??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Paul P Byrne

You don't have to start from the begining, a lot of it is disjointed anyway. The highlights for me are Dark Knight Returns, Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Arkham Asylum and Grant Morrison's run at the moment on Batman and Robin is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Roughly my collection in chronological continuity order:
    Batman: Year One -> The Man Who Laughs -> The Long Halloween -> Dark Victory -> Strange Apparations -> Tales of the Demon -> Son of the Demon -> The Killing Joke -> A Death in the Family -> A Lonely Place of Dying -> Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth -> Knightfall 1-2 and Knightsend (Bane is a prequel to these) -> Hush 1&2 -> The Dark Knight Returns

I'd recommend the first four books there, The Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns.

This thread has most of them: http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=14649309&postcount=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

If you go with Morrison's run you'll pick up most if not all the Batman backstory plus it's better than all previous runs of batman put together so you're not missing much if you start from 655.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ridley wrote: »

But just grab a collection that interests you so you get the whole story arc.

Unless you want to be buying particular issues rather than book collections. In which case just do what _oveless says. No promises on not being confused by anything written by Grant Morrison, mind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

I've read lots of different ones out of "sequence" but it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of them at all. Just grab Dark Knight Returns I'd say first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PlaybookTips

JnarF wrote: »
    I've read lots of different ones out of "sequence" but it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of them at all. Just grab Dark Knight Returns I'd say first.
    i think batman vs CATMAN :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

hey

i want to start readin batman comics but i dont have time to start from the beginning and work my way up to comic 600 and something where could i start where i wont be lost??

One of the most dedicated and best Batman posters on CBR made this incredibly detailed Thread with pictures and all :)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=337852

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Stalinturnip

Year One, then The Long Halloween, then Dark Victory is a pretty solid intro.

Advertisement