Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Flies in Aprtment

• 23-10-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you can possibly help me out with this...

I moved into a new apartment last November and over the months of the winter i noticed a lot of large flies (possibly blue bottle) around the windows in the living room/kitchen (nowhere else)...i was maybe finding 1/2 a day. These happened to disappear over the summer and i didnt see as much as 1 over those months and into the autumn too.

Over the last couple of the days now ive noticed these have re-appreared at the windows and ive had to get rid of 3 of them today.

Any ideas where they could be coming from?

I have had the wondows closed,bin covered up...no food lying around so im confused???

Any help or ides much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They are Cluster flies, search the Home and Garden forum for lots of info on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

Cheers! Ive just had a read up on Cluster flies and its seems that these are definitely the problem.

I still cant figure out how thy are getting into the apartment though!

Advertisement