Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of film do i need?

• 23-10-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Heading to Morocco next weekend.Not sure what type of film (35mm) to bring with me. Have loads of free fuji 200 that i have been using since i got the film cam. Any other types i should get?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what sort of shots are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

The Fuji 200 should be fine for most shots. I would bring a B&W or 2 (the lazy C41 type for me!) and maybe something faster (iso 400-800) if I thought I would be shooting indoors a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Saggitarius

I suppose be great some 35mm ISO400 slide film, but they require exposure control.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

what sort of shots are you looking for?
    Mainly shooting outdoors,landscape beach. city streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

That was a really good question from Bastarder... what you want for pictures is very important.

for beach, and really bright sunlight, you might find 200 overexposes easily.. especially on the beach. Your light-meter might also measure light incorrectly on the beach.. as most tend to do.

For most anything other than that beach, the 200 should be alright outdoors. If you're going indoors get something 400-800, like was said above. I'd mix up some black & white & color.. and I'd do the "real" black & white, not the C-41 stuff.. the "real" stuff can look so much better. (in my opinion anyhow.. especially if you choose really good black & white films.)
    stabo wrote: »
    Mainly shooting outdoors,landscape beach. city streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Some Kodak Ektar would be lovely.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dazftw wrote: »
    Some Kodak Ektar would be lovely.

Haha, having somehow missed this thread up until now, this was precisely what I was going to say. Just get about 10 rolls of ektar and you're all set. If you want something a little more subtle and pastel, then just shoot 160nc at about 100 or so.

If you're shooting at night skip the intermediate speeds and just get a pile of portra 800, in my experience the best behaved fast colour film. In morocco you'll have no twilight time to speak of anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buckz

you don't say slide or print- but I'm guessing print. You should get very bright, consistent (harsh) light, so only for the fact you already have the 200s I'd say get ISO 100, which would be better, but probably not a big difference. A polariser will reduce the light 2 stops anyway. A lot of the souks are covered in, so light levels will be a lot lower, and the picture potential in the main square at dusk and later is great (medicine men, fire jugglers, story tellers, snake charmers etc), so you will want something fast 800 or more, or use a tripod. If you are in Marrakech, the city and its surrounds are all sandy coloured, everything fools a camera meter into underexposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Thanks for the info folks, going to pop into Gunns during the week and pick up a few rolls and a linear filter. Will give the slide film a miss for now but will check it out again.

Advertisement