Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving property back to bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

I think there's a similar tale from Cork where the apartments will need to be knocked and all the owners are basically going to end up owning a site together.

I can't remember much of the details but if you can find something on google someone from there might actually have some practical advice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dolly47

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Wow this is a pathetic reponse...was the OP meant to go out and do a course in how to assess the fire safety aspects of a large apartment complex? The bank had a "trained professional" assess the place as was the standard practice at the time.

Some people really get a kick out of anonymously putting people down on here for some reason know only to themselves and to be fair you need to get a life.

thanks jaysoose! would you know if i can find any legal document online that talks about the bank assessment of property?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dolly47

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    O.P I think i read about your place in the paper? Is it in Donaghmede? How many apartments in the block?

no, it wasnt us; believe it or not, the story hasnt hit the papers yet and people live here as normal and even worse the letting agencies are renting apts out to people that completely ignore the danger of the building!!!

our block is in dublin west anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

dolly47 wrote: »
    no, it wasnt us; believe it or not, the story hasnt hit the papers yet and people live here as normal and even worse the letting agencies are renting apts out to people that completely ignore the danger of the building!!!

our block is in dublin west anyway...

Cheers O.P , Its just your story is pretty much the same as Donaghgmede I think it will cost 250,000 to fix that complex so the 200 residents might have to pay it not sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

dolly47 wrote: »
    yes, we have received a letter from the council with the full list of the things that have to be completed (the list is about 8 pages long, list that was supposed to be finished before march 2010). and the title of the thread is what it is, because we are tired of all this and we would just walk away because paying a mortgage on a place that is at risk every day it is not healthy. i find it hard to believe that the bank can give you all the money without assessing the property.

As others have advised get a good independent solicitor involved.
    Also all the owners are going to have to come together, not just solve this as individuals as this affects everyone.
    Have you had owners meetings to discuss this situation ?

The ones responsible for this mess are the ones that signed off on it and not the bank(s).
    Banks are responsible for lots of things, but not directly responsible for poor substandard build quality.

IMHO all of these incidents just goes to show how shoddy once again our regulation enforcement really is in this country.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Wow this is a pathetic reponse...was the OP meant to go out and do a course in how to assess the fire safety aspects of a large apartment complex? The bank had a "trained professional" assess the place as was the standard practice at the time.

Some people really get a kick out of anonymously putting people down on here for some reason know only to themselves and to be fair you need to get a life.

Banks aren't there to assess build quality, or identify the problems in this case....

Advertisement