Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2010 & February 2011 intake

Options
  • 23-10-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just thought that it might be useful to set up a thread about the upcoming intakes.
    Anybody who has received an invitation / hoping to make it might take a few minutes to post there thoughts etc.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Got news this week, Going down 3rd December...

Dont forget to bring your Tracksuit and Trainers...and a over night bag for Friday Nights stay...
    Thursday night accommodation is also provided for that early start Friday morning...

Talk laters.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

Got news this week, Going down 3rd December...

Dont forget to bring your Tracksuit and Trainers...and a over night bag for Friday Nights stay...
    Thursday night accommodation is also provided for that early start Friday morning...

Talk laters.....

Well done, a nice early christmas present!!
    Not heading down myself, missed this intake so hoping for the february one, enjoy the weekend!!

Is it just, poor little old me going down on the 3rd Dec?:(:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 asap123

anybody else heading down on december 3rd???????

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

passed the medical so looks like I'm heading down for the Feb intake..:D

• Advertisement

After waiting soo long, The weather is going to screw things up for Friday morning...Drat!!! Maybe the Bear in the Air, could pick me up...NOT!:cool:
    You can buy these socks for the car wheels to get traction, like snow chains...better for snow and no snow roads...cost 75euros approx..See you all there...Hopefully:eek:

Just got a call, That due to snow it's cancelled until next Friday and Saturday..I cant do that date myself. But I'm booked into next intake 4th and 5th Feb '11...Time to stuff my gut..xmas style!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 brian2

Hi everybody.
    Got word from HQ that i can head down to finish phase 1 on Feburary 4th (had to cut phase 1 short in dec due to sickness):) then back for phase 3 on feburary 11th:) looking forward to meeting everyone. Happy christmas also:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

brian2, when did HQ get in touch with you about going down in Feb?

Hi jc1980,

Late last week. But i dont think they are givin out feb invitations until early january.

• Advertisement

Can anybody from the december intake tell me how many hours they have done so far in Phase 2?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

TEMPLEMORE FEBRUARY 2011 HERE I COME :D

kerry4sam wrote: »

Well done:) See ya down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

well done kerry4sam, been a long time coming! congrats to yerself and your class. your in for an amazing experience!

Its been a long process,had my interview in October 09 but finally at last I am in the February intake!!:D
    Hopefully a stepping stone into the full time in due course..

Ah their is now a nice group of us heading to Templemore on the 4th Feb 2011... anyone else able to add their name:

1) Mc Jakester
    2) brian2
    3) colmwills5
    4) rookie09
    5) kerry4sam

6) ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomasD9

Hi Kerry4sam,

Am heading down also

Ah their is now a nice group of us heading to Templemore on the 4th Feb 2011... anyone else able to add their name:

1) Mc Jakester
    2) brian2
    3) colmwills5
    4) rookie09
    5) kerry4sam

6) ???
    TomasD9 wrote: »
    Hi Kerry4sam,

Am heading down also

:)

1) Mc Jakester
    2) brian2
    3) colmwills5
    4) rookie09
    5) TomasD9
    6) kerry4sam

7) ???

keep the names coming folks!

Im going to go down to templemore on the thursday night, anybody else going down on thursday??

rookie09 wrote: »
    Im going to go down to templemore on the thursday night, anybody else going down on thursday??

Hi Guys,

I'm going down early that Friday morning.. Staying Friday night... I believe that is starts at 9am each day and ends 5/6pm. Bring I.D. for gate Inspection..

Well done to everybody...

• Advertisement

I was thinking of going down on the Thursday but looking unlikely though.
    Hi Guys,

I'm going down early that Friday morning.. Staying Friday night... I believe that is starts at 9am each day and ends 5/6pm. Bring I.D. for gate Inspection..

Well done to everybody...

Thanks for the tip re: ID for inspection at the gate. I will be as of now driving there on the Friday morning aswell. It would be an early start but more practical for me right now.
    Circumstances could change though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Id recommend goin on the thursday and doing a meet and greet in pollys

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Id recommend goin on the thursday and doing a meet and greet in pollys
    Sounds like a plan, Ill be on for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tod1577

Just got news today that got into the feb intake.Thank god the wait is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lor1984

Hi I just passed my medical on the 19th of Jan was wondering how long after the medical do you hear from them again I doubt I'll make feb at this late stage....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

lor1984 wrote: »
    Hi I just passed my medical on the 19th of Jan was wondering how long after the medical do you hear from them again I doubt I'll make feb at this late stage....:(

As soon as the next intake comes around, provided your in that. If you give them a ring they'll be able to tell you if you'll make the next intake or not. probably not as the invitation were given out early this month. you never know though, people could drop out but its unlikly.

Not long to go now folks, hope the nerves are being kept at bay. I'll see you all down there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TomasD9

Hey, by the look's of things, am heading down on the Thursday too on the train from Dublin. :)

Check list:
    Fuel in motor.
    Gr5 form.
    Passport photos.
    I.D. for gate.
    Beer/lemonade money.
    Water.
    Gym stuff.
    Polished shoes.
    Shine bald patch, Not!!

And your self...:eek: Check!!

See you all then...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Guys, hope you all have a great weekend down there! The wait will have been worth it!:)

Advertisement