Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complain about B&B

Options
  • 23-10-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right section to request this, I'd like to make a complaint to a B & B on health and safety ground, is there some company that gives these licences ect... can you direct me to point of contact? don't want to deal with the B & B it's self

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Golden pages,health and safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

yeah you definitely posted in the right forum! lol...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From After Hours to eh, Legal Discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Consumer issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

If it's an accredited B+B the correct people to complain to are Bord Failte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Consumer issues?
    Yeah I think so... definitely not here in LD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

d1975 wrote: »
    I'd like to make a complaint to a B & B on health and safety ground

Why can't people just use Google? If you search of Health and Safety, the first hit is the HSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was it affiliated with Bord Failte, or Irish Tourism? If so, make a complaint, by registered post, to that body as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Bord Failte no longer exists. It's Failte Ireland.

What is the nature of your complaint?
    Fire safety?
    Food safety?

Who you complain to depends on what problem you encountered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Health and Safety issues should be referred to the HSA.
    Fire safety concerns should be referred to the local Fire Safety Officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jor el wrote: »
    Why can't people just use Google? If you search of Health and Safety, the first hit is the HSA.

To be fair if people used Google more a good portion of the posts on this site would be wiped out.

Bord Failte would probably be best to deal with initially -if you felt the issue deserved it, call the HSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

delancey42 wrote: »
    If it's an accredited B+B the correct people to complain to are Bord Failte.

Tourism organisations can't enforce H&S laws, they can only advise and threaten to remove their accreditation and stop promoting the business. Plenty of B&Bs do quite nicely without Fáilte Ireland's approval. If the issue is one that seriously threatens public health (e.g. poor food hygiene) then the first call should be to the HSA.

Advertisement