Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity - Biggest Save eBundle

Options
  • 23-10-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Yesterday I learnt about Airtricity's Biggest Save eBundle. Then I did my homework and read through various threads here (thanks for these resources by the way). As far as I can see there's no catch but I wanted to ask your opinion about it anyway.

Currently I'm with Bord Gais for gas and for electricity. I see Airtricity offers 20% off on Bord Gais gas prices and 6% off on ESB, this means they are more expensive than Bord Gais electricity. My first year with Bord Gais has just ran off so I'm back to 10% off ESB rates so there's only 4% of difference between Bord Gais electricity and Airtricity electricity, not huge as I'm not a big electricity consumer.

Now, I saw that the cheapest option is to go with Flogas for gas and Bord Gais for electricity however those are based on averages and I'm pretty sure I'll be using more gas than average especially with the arrival of a new baby. So I'd like to sign up with Airtricity's Biggest Save eBundle. I'm a bit annoyed with their 12 months contract but it's not a big worry (I'm hoping). I checked their standing charges, it looks exactly the same as what I pay with Bord Gais so I'll be saving big time on gas and it looks like I'll be paying €2 or €3 more for each electricity bill (not a big deal really compared to what I'm going to save on gas).

So, I'd like to ask you if I'm missing anything.
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dirty_leo

Nothing? No opinions really?
    Then I'm assuming it's all good :).

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

I signed up with flogas for the gas- 15% saving- and airtricity for electricity. I went for the esaver online which has no contract and 13% saving on esb.

http://www.airtricity.com/new-customer-electricity

I spent ages going through the different options and this seemed the best for me

Advertisement