Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham V Newcastle United

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Meh.... Not too good, not to bad, poor game for the neutral i'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    Meh.... Not too good, not to bad, poor game for the neutral i'd imagine

Barton's gifting them a lot of space on the right. He's not used to playing out there.

Never thought I'd say this but.... We need Routledge.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Barton's gifting them a lot of space on the right. He's not used to playing out there.

Never thought I'd say this but.... We need Routledge.

Was just talking to one of the lads saying that we are getting murdered on our right, your probably spot on there! Barton has been out of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Almost as 50/50 a game as you could wish to see.

Tiote is the best player on the pitch in terms of strength and momentum. Victor Obinna is the most dangerous from an attacking perspective. Newcastle have had the bulk of posession, West Ham have had the bulk of the chances (one may classify them as half chances). Both defences have been strong.

I think it may take a flash of brilliance or a mistake to win this one. I wouldnt be suprised if it ended 3-3

Het-Field wrote: »
    Almost as 50/50 a game as you could wish to see.

Tiote is the best player on the pitch in terms of strength and momentum. Victor Obinna is the most dangerous from an attacking perspective. Newcastle have had the bulk of posession, West Ham have had the bulk of the chances (one may classify them as half chances). Both defences have been strong.

I think it may take a flash of brilliance or a mistake to win this one. I wouldnt be suprised if it ended 3-3

Spot on there, would think a mistake would be more likely on the evidence of the first half

Fcuking hate our topless fans. *shudder*

Lovely play. Pity about the shot at the end.

We look more measured, more deliberate. Hell of a lot less long ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

What is with the number in the top right hand corner of the screen (SSP2)?

• Advertisement

What is Carroll at????

66% possession. Make it count FFS.

dubmick wrote: »

Sky SPorts 2......

dubmick wrote: »

Someone told me earlier that it's your viewing card number to alleviate illegal streaming or something like that.

Goal from the second it left Bartons foot, great cross

Brilliant. Get fcuking in. One more goal please.

• Advertisement

Unlucky Joey.

Strange how much WHU have gone out of this. We were completely over-run by them in mid field in the first half

<3 Jose

Alright! Alright! Calm down!

Jasus, WHU have been absolute sh*te. Brutal game, job done i suppose. Nice to come back from behind again....

Maybe Shola should move in with the two boys!!!:D

• Advertisement

We are the Geordies. The Geordie Boot Boys and
    we are mental and we are mad.
    We are the loyalest football supporters
    the world has ever had.

T.A deserved their win. My Hammers deserved nothing. While excellently executed, the winning goal was criminal to conceed. No striker should EVER have the time and space that Carroll enjoyed. Having said that, if it didnt come then, it would have come from one of Carroll's deflected shots, or something else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fcuk sake I hate playing Newcastle. And why can't we put two decent halves together in a game?
    After 4 games unbeaten we're still rock bottom. Arsenal next week :(

Fcuk sake I hate playing Newcastle. And why can't we put two decent halves together in a game?

Your lot looked disinterested in the second half. First half ye completely over ran our midfield. strange.....

One swallow and all that. Save for the Spurs game, the Hammers have struggled to really take control of any game this year. No disrespect to Newcastle, but tonight was a must win/must take a point at very least.

Het-Field wrote: »
    One swallow and all that. Save for the Spurs game, the Hammers have struggled to really take control of any game this year. No disrespect to Newcastle, but tonight was a must win/must take a point at very least.

Massive game psychologically for both teams. If WHU had won they would have leapfrogged Newcastle and the atmosphere for both teams changes completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Very happy with that win to be perfectly honest.
    Tioté seems a real catch, love his swivels time and time again, barely ever puts a pass wrong.

our passing in the 2nd half was excellent and very organised. I'm happy with our playing style, it's disciplined and attacking.

Vital win for us that.
    West Ham need sorting out on the other hand, or else they could really suffer relegation.

Onwards and upwards for both of us :)

Advertisement