If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba REGZA 32LV665

Options
  • 23-10-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I did some asking with a few friends who are also on boards.ie and referred me to this forum. I am looking for a full hd 1080p 32" tv.I am interested in the Toshiba REGZA 32LV665. Is this one good value for its price? Can you recommend anything against it?

Link for reference
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/toshiba/regza-32lv665/tosh-32lv665

Do you also deliver to Dublin in Ireland? If so, are there any discounts for being a boards.ie member? And how much do you charge for delivery?

Regards
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi David.

Unfortunately that particular TV is last few to clear and this means this that there are very few left within the company, hence the price.

On the UK site there is a link which does say which stores have stock and there are only 2 left which are both likely to be ex display models.

The best option that we would have is a Philips model which is coming in, 1st week of November, we will have a new Philips model which is the 32PFl3605 which is a full HD 32" and a much newer TV than the Toshiba, which will be priced at £299.95.

That would be the best value 32" 1080p that we would have at the moment.

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 orlo.david

Thanks for the reply

I checked the specs and looks very good comparing them against the price. Do you also provide a delivery service?

Hi David.

Yes, delivery of that TV would be £14.99 anywhere in Ireland.

Regards

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 orlo.david

Sound, I will get back to you once I sort out the money on my and.

Thanks very much for your time and posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bridestream

Not sure if I'm on the right thread - if not please point me to the correct one.
    Got a new Toshiba 46WL753 TV a few months ago.
    Super picture - sound pretty crap though!
    One problem looking at Golf - a ball travelling across the screen 'breaks up' into 7 images.
    Any idea what the cause may be and if it can be corrected?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Bridestream, not necessarily the right place, but we're always keen to try and help.

That particular TV isn't one that we have stocked but judging by the spec you shouldn't be getting motion blur to that degree if it's a 200Hz screen.

What TV source have you got and are you using decent cabling between the source and the TV ?

A lot of motion issues can be caused by a bad source, even with the best of TV.

You may also want to look at what picture enhancements you have got switched on as some can improve sharpness etc but they can sometimes have an effect on motion.

Are you running the screen at 200Hz ?

Is the problem only on golf or do you see it on most sports ?

Sorry I can't be more specific but as it's not one that we have stocked, I'm not familiar with the settings.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hey,

I am interested in buying one of those new phiilips lcds that u mentioned above.Was wondering if there was any update on the estimated date that you will have them in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bridestream

Thanks for response Dave.

A friend called to my home since and found that using the 'games' setting for picture quality got it sorted.
    I only see one golf ball now unless of course I d...k too much!!!!

Now, can you advise me if I should consider a sound improvement by installing a Yamaha sound projector? I don't want to install a 5.1 system because of problems having wires showing.

Thanks again.
    bridestream

Hi Lucky.

Delivery date is been set for Wednesday 10th of November.

If you would like to pre-order one, drop me a PM and I'll stick your name on one.

Many thanks

Dave

Hey,

I am interested in buying one of those new phiilips lcds that u mentioned above.Was wondering if there was any update on the estimated date that you will have them in stock

Hi Bridestream.

Glad you got sorted. I suspected that it may be a mode or an option that was turned on as they look like a pretty nice TV with good spec.

On the Yamaha soundbar front. I always recommend that with flat TV's you put in some sort of a sound system as the sound is never the best.

The Yamaha sound bars are a great alternative to 5.1 systems if you don't want the wires. The Yamaha YHTS400 (£399.95)would be one of the best sounding ones around as it comes with a 100 watt subwoofer, optical input, HDMI switching and 150 watts output. Soundbars are more suited to smaller rooms that not open plan due to the fact that the sound has to bounce off the walls.

You could also look at a 2.1 system if you don't mind a few wires. In this case, the most popular pack that we would have is the Onkyo HTX22HDx. (£239.95) This is a totally different product to the Yamaha but as it also has the same HDMI switching but the Onkyo will decode HD Audio. In other words, the sound from the Onkyo will be better on blu-ray but due to the fact that it has some cables, it may put you off.

These are both excellent products, just slightly differently designed.

I have them both in stock and delivery would be £11.99.

I hope this helps but if I can be of anu further assitance, please let me know.

Cheers

Dave
    Thanks for response Dave.

A friend called to my home since and found that using the 'games' setting for picture quality got it sorted.
    I only see one golf ball now unless of course I d...k too much!!!!

Now, can you advise me if I should consider a sound improvement by installing a Yamaha sound projector? I don't want to install a 5.1 system because of problems having wires showing.

Thanks again.
    bridestream

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.