Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something going on with Vodafone??

• 23-10-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I noticed my BB connection at home has been slow for the last couple of days. I checked it out today and I'm basically getting 1MB broadband (paying for up to 8MB although I only get 4MB on my line, but it was working fine until recently). This is the connection speed showing in the router and it's backed up by speedtest.net. Anyone else having similar issues, especially in the north Co Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

having the same problem for 4 days (south Dublin) - have 24 mb connection, getting only 3mb - spent over an hour on phone with tech support who no help whatsoever - will cancel next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

There's one or two people reporting similar issues on the Vodafone forum, no response from VF yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KsW

Hi im on Vodafone too and I was getting about 1Mb when i should have been getting 4MB. I called them and they told me to get new filters for the phone line. I got them and now im getting 3.5Mb. However im going to switch to upc soon as the connection keeps dropping :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

KsW wrote: »
    Hi im on Vodafone too and I was getting about 1Mb when i should have been getting 4MB. I called them and they told me to get new filters for the phone line. I got them and now im getting 3.5Mb. However im going to switch to upc soon as the connection keeps dropping :mad:
    Im not with vodafone but with Eircom my broadband was 3mb for a good few year now it 1mb don't know what happen .Im lucky doh as upc broadband upgrading the cable so be able to get upc broadband soon and be dropping Eircom . I be enjoying faster broadband you should also leave vodafone and get upc broadband .

:)

Advertisement