Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC1 HD

Options
  • 23-10-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

As we know, BBC1 HD will be launched on November 3rd. However, does anyone know if all the regional variations are getting their own HD version (BBC1 Northern Ireland HD, BBC1 Wales HD, etc.) or will there just be one BBC1 HD option, presumably being based on one of the English versions of the channel?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Can't imagine where they would get the Satellite space.

Terrestrially yes.. I'd imagine on Satellite there is only BBC1 HD London.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

It will be a "networked" version with an on screen point to the National and Regional variations for News.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

Now that 10847 has been cleared of SD channels to make space for BBC One HD, can anyone figure out what they are still using DVB-S and not DVB-S2?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Apogee wrote: »
    Now that 10847 has been cleared of SD channels to make space for BBC One HD, can anyone figure out what they are still using DVB-S and not DVB-S2?
    If the whole transponder is to be used for HD channels, then I see no reason why they won't switch to DVB-S2.

I think HD channels have to stay S1 if the tp is being shared with SD channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Where do we/Will we? find BBC1 HD on our ROI Sky Boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Maybe, but more than likely not. I would be very surprised to see it in the ROI EPG on launch day. You can tune it in via other channels though.

There's already a thread about this here.

Advertisement