Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer doesn't actually seem to start up most of the time

Options
  • 23-10-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Here's my rig

gamingrig.gif

I haven't put together a computer before so maybe I did something wrong. But when I do get it to start up, there's no problems except for the odd ATI driver **** up? It's only when getting it to start up it happens.

Not sure what's wrong. I either get a disc read error or an I/O error. Plugging out all the USB devices generally seems to prevent the I/O error but the disc read is kind of random.

What could be up? All the sata and power cables seemed to be in there right. Is my power supply putting out enough power? Or getting enough power, I think the power in this flat might be a bit dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I was going to recommend you try some other SATA cables but didn't you post a thread a while back saying there was only one with your motherboard? If you do have some spare ones, I'd try switching them to see if it improves. Also maybe check your hard disk for errors (Windows; right-click on hard drive in my computer, properties) and your RAM too (memtest, download it and burn it to disk or get it on several linux live CDs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

if u are getting driver errors, this is likely to be your problem. id suggest uninstalling all your drivers and then reinstall them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

+1. Could be a dodgy SATA/RAID mobo driver causing the read errors. Try to reinstall all your motherboard/chipset drivers, preferably using the latest from the net rather than the ones on the CDs!

Advertisement