Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got sky half price for a year...

• 23-10-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I got a letter in the door from sky today offering me Half price tv for a year. I used to be a customer but cancelled so i dont know if the offer applies to new/old/existing customers equally. Anyway I got the variety pack, knowlegde, music and half of the movies pack for €20.50 a month for one year and they also offered me a HD box for free!!
    I originally cancelled because i thought they were too expensive but thats pretty good. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yeah it is good, if they only offered it too me for half price, id consider going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

give them a ring, it says the offer is open unitl 9th Nov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Well Gan23, you got lucky.

I just rang, having got the letter about 1/2 price. I would go with the full sky world package at €38 per month if they gave the sky+ box.

I was told in a clear cork accent, that it was one or the other, i.e. half price or the sky + box. I asked for both again and was told it wasn't an offer.

I just said that I wouldn't trade unless I got both to which I was told, it wouldn't be happening. I said if they change their minds they can call me.

If I was looking for the basic package I could understand not giving the sky+ box as well but for the full whack, I thought they might see the prudence in it, but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I've had this offer in the past and it arrived in the post again this week. It's for previous customers only in an attempt to get them to sign up again. It assumes all equipment is in place and no engineering call out is required.

70% of the time my TV is tuned into RTEjnr or cbeebies (damn kids), the rest of the time it's tuned in on non-sub FTA and FTV channels ITV1 HD, C4HD, FIVEHD and BBC1 & 2.

While the offer is good it would still be money wasted at my household. I think it should be the normal price to be honest ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Oh lol, it turns out they sent me a letter too. After all the grief I had from them they can get ****ed. With them sending out all of these letters it makes me wonder if they have taken a hit on the subscribers numbers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

gan23 wrote: »
    I got a letter in the door from sky today offering me Half price tv for a year. I used to be a customer but cancelled so i dont know if the offer applies to new/old/existing customers equally. Anyway I got the variety pack, knowlegde, music and half of the movies pack for €20.50 a month for one year and they also offered me a HD box for free!!
    I originally cancelled because i thought they were too expensive but thats pretty good. :)

aye thats good:rolleyes:, because of that letter your out 246 euro for this year, it will be over 500 euro a year after that, and you reckon you got the box for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

You can cancel after a year so its half price for the year. The "over €500 is irrelevant. Also, the OP didnt get the box so "getting it for free" doesn't arise.

In any case, I don't know to many places where you can get anything for free so whats important is whether or not the OP is happy with the deal he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

Avns1s wrote: »
    You can cancel after a year so its half price for the year. The "over €500 is irrelevant. Also, the OP didnt get the box so "getting it for free" doesn't arise.

In any case, I don't know to many places where you can get anything for free so whats important is whether or not the OP is happy with the deal he got.

Yes I am happy with the deal I got and have no problem paying for Tv if i think its good value. I was watching mostly FTA but did miss some channels that arent available like the comedy channel, Bravo and the documentaries so thats why i decided to take the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Avns1s wrote: »

The op didn't say he intends to cancel after one year, so it will be relevant if he doesn't cancel, and thats exactly what sky will be hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭timetunnel

i to got the half price offer,rang them up. but you have to have your old sky box.
    i gave mine to my mother.
    would have went back for that offer if they had given me a new hd box.
    if you don't have equitment. you are told to join as a new customer.
    looks like i'll be staying with ntl for a while.
    not pushed anyway, i have my freesat hd as back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

im still tempted, if you have the gear 1/2 price sports etc is a much better deal than full price. Only thing is i'd still have to get Setanta and ESPN to get what i want, then its too expensive again. Watched Carling cup on Al Jazeera last night, brilliant coverage and PQ wasn't too bad either last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

If I threaten to cancel will they give me this offer. Phoned up already and they were only giving me 25% off, said I would think about it. Wonder if I said to go ahead and cancel would they offer me more off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If I threaten to cancel will they give me this offer. Phoned up already and they were only giving me 25% off, said I would think about it. Wonder if I said to go ahead and cancel would they offer me more off?
    Depends who you get. The UK callcentre seems to make more of an effort to retain customers, but the Cork one will probably just process the cancellation without a fight.

Advertisement