Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Recommendation

Options
  • 23-10-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Posting this here first rather than the specific county forum as my query crosses two counties. :)

My boyfriend and I are looking at getting a puppy in a few weeks/months and I'm looking for recommendations on a good vet. We currently have two rabbits who don't have a 'regular' yet, so ideally we'd like a vet who is comfortable with dogs and rabbits.

We're living about 15 minutes from Tipperary town but I work in Castletroy in Limerick so if anyone knows of a good vet in these areas, or near Pallasgreen/Emly/Hospital or Caherconlish, I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks!

Ergo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

not sure on those countys but try rate my vet and see the reviews but dont take them all as gospel as there are alot of clients that are Crazy about their pets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Castletroy Vets at the Kilmurry roundabout are great - Hugh is the most popular vet in Limerick! It has restricted opening hours though as their main clinic is in Dooradoyle.

Caherconlish Vets are good - Wesley Power who writes for the Limerick Leader and also Lena who is a dote.

My vote though goes to Andrea Stuckenberg in Hospital. You will not find a more caring, dedicated, thorough vet. Her premises are small and basic but if your dog needs a referral for something she feels is beyond her expertise she will refer you to Donal Ryan (Cityvet) in Limerick who is excellent. Another factor with Andrea is that she charges half what the vets in the city are charging!

Oh, and meant to add, of all of the vets listed above, Andrea has the most experience with rabbits. Limerick Animal Welfare have up to thirty rabbits and she neuters, vaccinates and worms them for us. She's also good on dental issues.

Advertisement