Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 121 Play by Play and Discussion Thread. WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I believe sherdogs crashed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

You had to pick one sooner or later Paul :p. I don't like this thanking business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

My Dad owes me a fiver and so do 2 Lads in My Year!
    Delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Good jon Cain.
    Thats all I can say.

He beat up homeless lensar (beard joke) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

UFC has such crap for heavyweights. Now Dos Santos fights Valesquez, good fight. Then what? Roy Nelson?

Really is the least exciting division of the UFC. On the other hand, can't wait to see Alastair Overeem's next fight.

Cant sleep Now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Early stoppage, twas bull****, Brock will be back, after all he is the next big thing

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    My Dad owes me a fiver and so do 2 Lads in My Year!
    Delighted :D

Sounds like you're up way past your bedtime, young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Lesnar got what he deserved. Jumped around with joy when Herb stopped the fight. There are not enough words in this language of ours to describe how I feel about Brock getting the **** beat out of him, he was always going to be beaten bad and he needed a good humiliation to get rid of his slack jawed ignorance.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Sounds like you're up way past your bedtime, young man.

My dad Knows i love the sport so its Okay :D
    Love it :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Jesus, is Lesnar Drunk? He wasn't even hit and he's falling all over the shop.

The reason for that is he was exhausted after trying to take Velasquez down - that and the fact Velasquez hits harder than even Carwin. So even a shot that appears a glancing blow would have an significant effect. I was amazed at Velasquez being so strong. How many men would be able to power their way back up after being taken down by Lesnar? Velaszquez is a beast of a man! Who can possibly beat him?

Going to bed now lads before it kicks off. Idols are usually talked about before they win a title fight aren't they ? One of the sickest cut's I've seen in the UFC then doesn't warrant a stoppage.

What is this, bizarro world

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

sith now i feel sorry for brock .y did he have to be so humble when that aint hin at allplus what about the nightmare he was savage

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Early stoppage, twas bull****, Brock will be back, after all he is the next big thing

It wasn't an early stoppage. Lesnar was beaten to a bloody pulp. Had the ref let it go on Lesnar could have been badly injured.

pokertalk wrote: »
    sith now i feel sorry for brock .y did he have to be so humble when that aint hin at allplus what about the nightmare he was savage
    What an awseome night.

The reason for that is he was exhausted after trying to take Velasquez down - that and the fact Velasquez hits harder than even Carwin. So even a shot that appears a glancing blow would have an significant effect. I was amazed at Velasquez being so strong. How many men would be able to power their way back up after being taken down by Lesnar? Velaszquez is a beast of a man! Who can possibly beat him?

I don't know!! I was just about to go ask that question on Sherdog but it seems you and several others have beaten me!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Was delighted that Matt Hamill got the win over Tito.

Diego did well.

Shields won well on defence in my opinion.

And may I just say, fair fecking play to Velasquez, he took Brock apart and quickly too!!

Well happy with that result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Undertaker misread the bill and showed up at the arena, it's KANE you're after mate not Cain, back to Death Valley with ye

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Going to bed now lads before it kicks off. Idols are usually talked about before they win a title fight aren't they ? One of the sickest cut's I've seen in the UFC then doesn't warrant a stoppage.

What is this, bizarro world

the-comic-book-guy-pondering.gif
    He was my idol before he won the hw title :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I honestly think Dos Santos will beat him. I think Overeem would destroy him. Fedor would probably beat him. This was Lesnar's fifth? maybe sixth professional MMA fight. Hopefully now the focus can shift back onto the light heavyweights, I can't wait to see Jon Jones, Machida, Evans, Shogun again.

i think frank mir will have a better chance against cain now if he can get a contender spot

Carwin if he can finish it early, he may not have fluffed that early takedown like Lesnar did.

i think frank mir will have a better chance against cain now if he can get a contender spot
    Not a Hope,He would get taken down over and over and over and over again.

Not a Hope,He would get taken down over and over and over and over again.
    dont think frank would mind bein taken down prob best to pull guard and sub then get his dodgy jaw rattled again

dont think frank would mind bein taken down prob best to pull guard and sub then get his dodgy jaw rattled again
    Good Point,But Lesnar was about 30 pound heavier in this fight and caiin took him down with ease and smashed him up with ease,I Think if cain kept it standing he would smash him i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

After the Cro Cop fight, I don't see him getting a contender spot any time soon. Even though he won, he did the bare minimum in that fight.

I honestly think Dos Santos will beat him. I think Overeem would destroy him. Fedor would probably beat him. This was Lesnar's fifth? maybe sixth professional MMA fight. Hopefully now the focus can shift back onto the light heavyweights, I can't wait to see Jon Jones, Machida, Evans, Shogun again.

Fedor might. I honestly can't see any of the others you mention beating him.
    Yes Lesnar is green and relies on brute strength, but Velasquez seemingly has it all - incredible power, great technique and endurance. He's going to be a nightmare for any fighter.

I'm still amazed at how he was able to block Lesnar's first takedown and then when Lesnar did manage to take him down he got back up immediately.

Good Point,But Lesnar was about 30 pound heavier in this fight and caiin took him down with ease and smashed him up with ease,I Think if cain kept it standing he would smash him i think.
    im in shock still even do i thought cain had a good chance .he has a serious left hook but it did not look that flush it looked like an adrenaline dump the way he went down hill and the shock of cain gettin a takedown on him

was kinda hoping for a better fight outta Jake Shields too and was a bit let down

have the screen paused on brocks face here ... man that is one nasty cut but with more training he will be at the top of the food chain again im sure

It was a bit odd that Lesnar got back to his feet and had his guard up, looked ready to go again then proceeded to start spinning out-of-control around the ring!

He got seriously smashed up, a gaping hole in his cheek

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Oh well as Irish people we should be happy to see guys like Lesnar get pwned after what they did to our poor monks in round towers, lol.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Oh well as Irish people we should be happy to see guys like Lesnar get pwned after what they did to our poor monks in round towers, lol.

Racist.

Im not goin 2 sleep,i really cannot stop replaying it on Sky +

Im not goin 2 sleep,i really cannot stop replaying it on Sky +
    lol thats the only reason i would of wanted brock to win beacuse i would of bein able to get a kip now that cain won and won so well i aint sleeping:D
    it has inspired me to train harder so i can change my stats from 0 -6-0 to 1-6-0 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

johnn wrote: »
    Undertaker misread the bill and showed up at the arena, it's KANE you're after mate not Cain, back to Death Valley with ye

Is that in relation to me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

And with that,all the pro wrestling fanboys went back to watching pro-wrestling and posting their love for costumes and muscles on the pro-wrestling forums,and the mma fans were left in peace and life went on as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

baaaa wrote: »
    And with that,all the pro wrestling fanboys went back to watching pro-wrestling and posting their love for costumes and muscles on the pro-wrestling forums,and the mma fans were left in peace and life went on as before.

Baaaa ahahahahahahahaha... Mean, but very funny!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Very mature of ya. His career isn't ruined by a loss to Cain. I'd wait till he loses to Frank Mir before I worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

UFC has such crap for heavyweights.

You have a short memory.

5 years ago it was Jeff Monson versus Tim Silvia and the UFC always had to have a big co-main event to carry the show whenever the Heavy weight title was being defended.

I favoured Cain going in to it but I was even shocked at how well he dismantled Lesnar. Amazing performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Very mature of ya. His career isn't ruined by a loss to Cain. I'd wait till he loses to Frank Mir before I worry.
    So you were worried from his debut fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Back seat Modding will not be tolerated, lets keep it on topic and report posts if you feel they are in breach of forum charter, Thanks

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was a good show. I'm not a fan of Schaub but he did well. I heard he called out Mir in the press conference but I'm sure Brock is getting him next. I wouldn't be surprised if Gonzaga is released. Maybe one more fight

It was nice to see Tito not mentioning a single injury. If he keeps that up people might start to like him again. He did look better here than his last few fights, maybe just because he actually didn't have any injuries, but Hamill's wrestling won it for him

Sanchez looked to be losing the first round but he turned it around as soon as Thiago got tired. Very good fight

Shields had a boring fight, as I (easily) predicted :pac: Fair enough, if he had dominated Kampmann in a boring fight then give him a title shot. But this was very close and Kampmann may have thrown it away by not staying standing in the last round. I don't think Shields should get a title shot after that. The reason Fitch hasn't been getting a title shot is because he has boring fights too, but at least he's dominant and comes across as the much better fighter from last night's performance by Shields

Velasquez did great. He's a guy who I heard about years and years ago, when they couldn't find opponents to fight him. Brock was taken apart. He did seem lucid the whole time but he wasn't defending, it'd take something big to actually knock him out I'd say

I'm favouring Dos Santos for the next title fight. He's a harder puncher than Cain and might have the ground skills to deal with being taken down. Dana said it could be soon because both guys are fit and ready

Brock and Mir won't be as big as last time but I'm sure it'll still be big

Apparently Brock and The Undertaker got into an argument at cageside after the fight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fozzy wrote: »

Apparently Brock and The Undertaker got into an argument at cageside after the fight :pac:

also, anyone notice this guy and his tremendous moustache?

73133101503129143500895.jpg

I want one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cain is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Still shocked Lesnar lost. Fair play to Cain, when you looked at the size difference when they started you'd think Cain would get his head smashed in but was vice versa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

You know what they say about when a beast is at his most dangerous....when its wounded, Brock will be back just like he did to Mir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Undertaker gettin a bit brave there, surprised brock didnt spear him right there and then ha. Bit of a bold statement there by the undertaker, "I think ehh he needs to train harder", hate when people say that after a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

ya have to remember brock has only had 7 fights now, fair play to cain , total domination

Sheilds looks very drained at that weight, was expecting alot more from him after his performance in the hendo fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Brock will be back, dont you worry boy

Advertisement