Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 121 Play by Play and Discussion Thread. WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Will Brock be back though?He looked so bad,one dimensional is an understatement.
    I can't see anyone with good hands and a good sprawl having too much trouble with him,JDS and Nelson will use him like a punching bag.
    The emperor has no clothes as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

baaaa wrote: »
    Will Brock be back though?He looked so bad,one dimensional is an understatement.
    I can't see anyone with good hands and a good sprawl having too much trouble with him,JDS and Nelson will use him like a punching bag.
    The emperor has no clothes as they say.

He didnt really look bad when he had Carwin tapping out, or when he was dismanteling Mir, or Knocking out Couture. One loss doesnt break a man. And by god theres no man like Brock Lesnar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Did anybody notice how pissed off Dana looked when presenting the belt to Cain, Only noticed it now on Replay.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    He didnt really look bad when he had Carwin tapping out, or when he was dismanteling Mir, or Knocking out Couture. One loss doesnt break a man. And by god theres no man like Brock Lesnar
    Away,away with you to the pro wrestling forum,begone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Did anybody notice how pissed off Dana looked when presenting the belt to Cain, Only noticed it now on Replay.

Dana likes money. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Brock is the best thing that has ever happened to the sport of MMA IMO. He's easily the biggest star in the sport. He'll be back and better than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A huge hole in Brocks game got exposed tonight. But if his first fight with Mir though us anything, he'll learn from this and work hard on mending it.

Still delighted Cain beat him though. Cain-Dos Santos is going to be a hell of a fight!

I dunno why people are saying Shields shouldn't have won the fight. Yeah he was gassed by the end, but the first two rounds he owned.

Away,away with you to the pro wrestling forum,begone.

Its gas the way you're a "true mma fan", yet your first reaction wasnt to congratulate Cain, it was to try and troll wrestling fans who are also mma fans. Sad really. Talk cha when Brock destroys Mir again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »

Are you sure? Cain's win potentially opens up the Latino Audience for them. Dana for all intents and purposes be grinning from ear to ear. Especially since the numbers for a Brock-Cain 2 will be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Having read only the last page of this thread I realise that there are as many mma marks as wrestling ones.Of course Dana White looked pissed his biggest draw got pancacked.That & the ufc made a Stupid matchmacking decision by getting Shields & making him look awful at 170.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Its gas the way you're a "true mma fan", yet your first reaction wasnt to congratulate Cain, it was to try and troll wrestling fans who are also mma fans. Sad really. Talk cha when Brock destroys Mir again
    A real tragedy,don't bother though,none of us rate Mir anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

The pro-wrestling comments are a bit sad and immature to be fair, Brock is a very legitimate HW even if he is one dimensional.

Cain was unstoppable last night, his fight with JDS will be good and I presume we will get to see what JDS is like off his back at some point.

I think the most dangerous challenge to Cain's belt is Carwin at the moment, very good wrestling and heavy mitts but hopefully he can stay off the roids and improve his cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Are you sure? Cain's win potentially opens up the Latino Audience for them. Dana for all intents and purposes be grinning from ear to ear. Especially since the numbers for a Brock-Cain 2 will be huge.

Exactly, Dana gets to go into Mexican Mode V2, his original attempt with Huerta being derailed after Huerta left to become a star of the Silver Screen.

And to make it even better, this time he has a heavyweight fighter to do it with, the world loses those heavyweights.

This won't damage Lesnar's ability to draw in the slightest. He was a huge draw before the belt, with no fights, and he will be a huge draw after it.

Butt hurt "true MMA" fans calling for fans of any nature to leave the sport is bit off base i think. Sport growth is good for everyone, fighters and fans included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JohnMc1 wrote: »

They've been trying really hard to build Cain as a Mexican heavyweight because he creates very little interest in himself as it is. There's been no real evidence so far that it's working in drawing in the Latino community. Perhaps last night made him a star but there's no way of telling right now

Brock's next fight will do big numbers. Not sure about Velasquez/Dos Santos, but it will be helped by the manner of Cain's win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

Brock is a over sized bully, who doesn't take being punched well. Carwin and Cain showed that up. Cain was a tad more accurate and clever than Carwin however.

Anyone that can get back up form his take downs and is not afraid of him has a chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

What was the story with The Undertaker there? I would've thought he was there so support Brock. Can't imagine Vince McMahon would be happy with him saying he would have preferred MMA if he could do it all again!

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Is that in relation to me? :confused:

I have never read a post of yours ever(bar this one) so I wouldn't imagine so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

And with that,all the pro wrestling fanboys went back to watching pro-wrestling and posting their love for costumes and muscles on the pro-wrestling forums,and the mma fans were left in peace and life went on as before.

Its easy to bash pro wrestling because its not cool and well its lame these days. But last time I checked you're the one posting your love for men half naked, with muscles and posting on a MMA forum.

Pro Wrestling fans are not all that different from UFC fans imo. I watch both and enjoy both. And not because I like their 'muscles' either.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Its easy to bash pro wrestling because its not cool and well its lame these days. But last time I checked you're the one posting your love for men half naked, with muscles and posting on a MMA forum.

Pro Wrestling fans are not all that different from UFC fans imo. I watch both and enjoy both. And not because I like their 'muscles' either.
    So what do you enjoy in the lame pro wrestling?The costumes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I knew I shouldn't have bothered coming on here today, as expected the pro-wrestling bashing is out in force. It was done to death in several thread recently, I'm not much of a PW fan these days but even I grow tired of the anti pw comments.

Mods need to amend the charter for this tiresome rubbish :mad:

• Advertisement

So what do you enjoy in the lame pro wrestling?The costumes?

I dunno why I am even replying to your idiotic and childish post but I watch and have watched pro wrestling for similar reasons as to why I watch UFC. The story of why these men hate each other. The excitement of the outcome. The crazy personalities and larger than life characters that tend to be in both companies. Same reason why I love watching boxing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

johnn wrote: »
    What was the story with The Undertaker there? I would've thought he was there so support Brock. Can't imagine Vince McMahon would be happy with him saying he would have preferred MMA if he could do it all again!

Well seeing as he didn't say that at all I don't think Vince will care.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os

Pingi wrote: »
    Well seeing as he didn't say that at all I don't think Vince will care.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os

He said that if MMA was an option 20 years ago then that's what he would have done. The Rock said that recently too, and some other top wrestler who I can't remember right now

The Undertaker was there because WWE want Undertaker vs Brock for Wrestlemania. Very unlikely to happen in my opinion but you never know

Fozzy wrote: »
    The Undertaker was there because WWE want Undertaker vs Brock for Wrestlemania.

Is that something you thought up yourself or have you read it somewhere? Haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

He said that if MMA was an option 20 years ago then that's what he would have done. The Rock said that recently too, and some other top wrestler who I can't remember right now

The Undertaker was there because WWE want Undertaker vs Brock for Wrestlemania. Very unlikely to happen in my opinion but you never know

No he said it would be a safe bet that he would have done it

NOT that he would have preferred MMA if he could do it all again. Amazing twist of words really by the OP.

And also don't go thinking i'm a Brock Lesnar fan because I post on PW board.

I very much dislike him and am delighted he finally got his comeuppance for what he did at Wrestlemania 20 :pac:

Dean820 wrote: »
    Is that something you thought up yourself or have you read it somewhere? Haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

Dave Meltzer said it on Wrestling Observer Radio from after the show. He said that Brock's been contacted, his UFC contract wouldn't allow it, they originally wanted Undertaker's Wrestlemania winning streak vs the UFC title and that it's something that Vince McMahon has thrown out there as a way to get back some of the $50 million that he looks set to have lost on his wife's senate bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Apologies for the phrasology but Taker could **** on Vince's desk and he wouldn't be fired.

Taker often goes to MMA events so that probably wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

in my opinion, brock going back and doing some WWE for big bucks is feasible. Brock and Undertaker fighting in an actual sanctioned MMA event is (hopefully) pure nonsense. For the title or not.

The unintelligent comments being made on this page make my head hurt.

• Advertisement

in my opinion, brock going back and doing some WWE for big bucks is feasible. Brock and Undertaker fighting in an actual sanctioned MMA event is (hopefully) pure nonsense. For the title or not.

I could see Brock doing some pro wrestling in the future, but not full time and not at a time like now where he can make around $3 million per MMA fight. WWE would pay him big big money though

Brock vs Undertaker in an MMA fight will never happen. The UFC wouldn't put on something like that and no commission would ever sanction it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Now people seems to be questioning Lesnar's chin:confused:
    Cain has heavy hands.
    As for the Undertaker's comments about Brock's training in that video, very direspectful and spiteful. The reality is Lesnar is a machine in training.
    The Undertaker should really be focusing his wrath on his younger brother :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Taker is still bitter towards Brock from a previous incident involving Lesnar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Taker is still bitter towards Brock from a previous incident involving Lesnar

What incident was this exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

This

Taker never got his win back after he put Brock over (let Brock beat him) on numerous occasions. It's not a wrestling angle it's just sheer dislike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Brock wont be back in WWE until his MMA career is over imo, and probably not even then.

Everybody's got a price

Amazing how all anybody talking about from last nights show is Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker.

Actually no its not very amazing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Amazing how all anybody talking about from last nights show is Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker.

Agreed, the chat should be about Cain and his great performance-The fight had nothing to do with PW and we should be talking about the event of MMA that took place.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Probably been posted but I had a good chuckle at this...

2nkigc9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thrilled that Cain won and that Brock lost (nothing to do with an anti-p/w bias either).

Couldn't really stand Brock as I felt he was just a huge guy who overpowered others despite not being as technically sound.

I don't buy the excuse or sentiment that "Oh this was only Brocks 7th fight or he's a rookie" because the same really applies to Cain who has only fought twice more and been in the game for only a couple of years longer.

Enjoyed the card as a whole but the Shields fight was so boring and I was quite pumped for it. Guymon v Roberts was a great finish. Enjoyed watching Court McGee too, great comeback in that fight. Other fights were good too.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Brock wont be back in WWE until his MMA career is over imo, and probably not even then.
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa believes his career is done. Put down all us PW posters so he must be confident.

There's been one page about that. You didn't show up until it was being discussed. The fight has been discussed much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa believes his career is done. Put down all us PW posters so he must be confident.

Less said about his posts the better.

No he said it would be a safe bet that he would have done it

NOT that he would have preferred MMA if he could do it all again. Amazing twist of words really by the OP.

And also don't go thinking i'm a Brock Lesnar fan because I post on PW board.

I very much dislike him and am delighted he finally got his comeuppance for what he did at Wrestlemania 20 :pac:

"If this was as popular 20 years ago as it is today do you think you would have done it?" He smiled nodded and said "Safe bet, real safe bet, twenty years ago I would have been all over it."

How am I drastically wrong in saying to the point you are being snide about it mate. if he could go back 20 years he would miss out most of what he's achieved in WWE. Are you saying he's purely saying if he would do it if he could somehow be 20 years younger RIGHT NOW but keep his accolades of a 20 + year career in pro-wrestling?

There's been one page about that. You didn't show up until it was being discussed. The fight has been discussed much more

You must have bigger pages than me, from page 20 to here have been mainly about undertaker brock and pro wrestling, most of the rest before that I would count as yesterday as in before people went to sleep after the ppv.

Which leads us to what they are taking about today regarding the ppv after waking up.

I won't hold it against you if you can't accept my logic, I mean who am I to self complicate time and the 24 hour clock.

:pac:
    "If this was as popular 20 years ago as it is today do you think you would have done it?" He smiled nodded and said "Safe bet, real safe bet, twenty years ago I would have been all over it."

How am I drastically wrong in saying to the point you are being snide about it mate. if he could go back 20 years he would miss out most of what he's achieved in WWE. Are you saying he's purely saying if he would do it if he could somehow be 20 years younger RIGHT NOW but keep his accolades of a 20 + year career in pro-wrestling?

That's the magic of what if... anything could have happened. Who are you to make assumptions on what the undertakers MMA would have entailed? He might not have gotten past his first hotel fight or even out of the gym he could have been the greatest of all time who knows? Not me and not you. Just like how his WWE career would have been affected. Also he never said which he preferred you guessed

What did however...

WHAT DID he say? Nothing near what you said he said. Certainly nothing that would get him into trouble, because you see he is smart.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Agreed, the chat should be about Cain and his great performance-The fight had nothing to do with PW and we should be talking about the event of MMA that took place.

Except for the whole Brock Lesnar thing

:pac:
    Who are you to make assumptions on what the undertakers MMA would have entailed? He might not have gotten past his first hotel fight or even out of the gym he could have been the greatest of all time who knows? Not me and not you. Just like how his WWE career would have been affected. Also he never said which he preferred you guessed

When did I speculate on what his MMA career would be like? although it would appear the reporter is angling that he would be in big UFC events. Regardless of how successful he was, if he is off in a hotel fight or a gym he ain't on the road with the WWE.

When did I speculate on what his MMA career would be like? although it would appear the reporter is angling that he would be in big UFC events. Regardless of how successful he was, if he is off in a hotel fight or a gym he ain't on the road with the WWE.

What are you talking about? You actually make no sense at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement