Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any way of hooking my Philips LCD to earphones?

• 23-10-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

There must be something I'm overlooking. There's an "audio in" at the back of the tv, an "audio out" on the box itself, but there's dead silence when I plug in the earphone jack. I tried a jack-to-jack lead and hooked the tv up to the stereo - nothing.

It's the "32pfl 3404/12" model, from the 3000 series.

Edit: I just want to be able to hear the audio through earphones, so if this can be done via stereo, xbox, laptop, whatever, it's all good

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

when you say 'audio out' on the box itself. what box are you talking about?

afaik the philips only have a digital spdif out for audio so you can't just hook headphones up to it. If you are actually hooking them up to whatever box is driving your TV, then you likely have to turn on that output.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

copacetic wrote: »
    when you say 'audio out' on the box itself. what box are you talking about?

afaik the philips only have a digital spdif out for audio so you can't just hook headphones up to it. If you are actually hooking them up to whatever box is driving your TV, then you likely have to turn on that output.

Hey copacetic. Refering The UPC/chorus box, the grey thing you point the remote control at.

I don't know what digitial spdif is.
    What steps do I have to take?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

I read the manual. There's no mention of the tv having earphone abilities. There's a SPDIF out, but that's no good to me, I need it tonight.

except for

"Risk of hearing damage! Avoid using
    earphones or headphones at high
    volumes or for prolonged periods of time!"

How will I cause damage to my fcking ears if the television isn't equipped to use earphones.

/thread

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would you have maybe a hifi nearby that you could connect the audio output on the UPC box to? Then plug headphones into the hifi?

Advertisement