Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubberbandits to get their own show on RTE?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

aDeener wrote: »
    Sinne full of fail?
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A tá fé gheall ag Éirinn.......[/FONT] :rolleyes:

FYP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

50% of Limerick are rubber bandits

Or is that arse bandits?

Having worked with a lot of Limerick people their humour is all scobe. Gets very annoying very quickly and when you tell them, they cry.

Seriously they cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Kasabian wrote: »
    50% of Limerick are rubber bandits

Or is that arse bandits?

Having worked with a lot of Limerick people their humour is all scobe. Gets very annoying very quickly and when you tell them, they cry.

Seriously they cry.

I'm bawling my eyes out here at the thought that you think my humour is scobe....:rolleyes:

Back on topic, bags of glue is one of the wittiest songs I've heard from any comedian!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    I'm bawling my eyes out here at the thought that you think my humour is scobe....:rolleyes:

Back on topic, bags of glue is one of the wittiest songs I've heard from any comedian!!

;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I don't even watch RTE, but is this the talentless sh1te by license fee funds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've been a fan of theirs for years now and I was always in the minority with my circle of friends in that they hated them, only recently have they come round to liking them, esp. since their slot on the Republic of Telly. The guys behind the Bandits are intelligent and talented in a comedic sense so the Rubberbandits aside, I think they will have a huge future in Irish comedy, be it writing on the stage or in front of the camera.

Here's an example of something completely different from one half of the duo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I don't get why the Rubberbandits are being hyped up. They're not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

They are funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

A lot of D4 heads no doubt on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Rubberbandits are alright but will be cat if they're put on RTE, just like Hardy Bucks. Only thing I got a laugh from last night was Viper getting puked on, rest of the show was poor.

Hardy bucks are legends, especially the web episodes. The rubber bandits I couldn't even get through a full video, didn't find them funny at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

they are not funny i say only Munster cultchies would like this they have the worst sense of humor in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ricero wrote: »
    they are not funny i say only Munster cultchies would like this they have the worst sense of humor in Ireland

They've got quite a following in Dublin among non-Munster people so you're a bit wide of the mark there.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They've got quite a following in Dublin among non-Munster people so you're a bit wide of the mark there.

you must tell me where that part of dublin is as it will be wiped out by genocide

you must tell me where that part of dublin will be wiped out by genocide

Yup. That makes sense.

[edit]
    Ah, as you edited your post I can now understand you. Unfortunately for you Rubberbandits fans do not confine themselves to one part of the city which would enable you to exterminate them easily. I realise that this will come as a blow to you and far be it from me to kick a person when they're down but I have more, what I imagine will be rather unsettling, news for you: At least one of the Rubberbandits lives himself in Dublin. And he walks around like a normal person, without the identifying plastic bag. Shocking I know!
    [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What a pile of ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Like i sad, D4 Heads.
    you talk like that knob from the niquitin ad dont you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

UGH.... just when i thought i'd happily forgotten about that ba5tard on the nicquitin ad. AAAAAGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Like i sad, D4 Heads.
    you talk like that knob from the niquitin ad dont you.

up the ra and give me a pint of guiness ya ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ricero banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have a feeling I've missed some inside joke, seriously is everyone who says they like them just trolling?

I have a feeling I've missed some inside joke, seriously is everyone who says they like them just trolling?

Nope. Some people do like them.

Humour is very subjective isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Anyone who doesn't find this funny just has no sense of humor.

This one is a little bit depressing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Rubberbandits are hilarious! But then I love Hardy Bucks also. They are both representatives of modern witticism and original fun. For me anyways :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Nope. Some people do like them.

Humour is very subjective isn't it?

Fair enough then. They really are a bit like Richie Kavanagh though except a little bit less sophisticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Can you imagine if in Ireland we only had around 3 or 4 channels on tv, rte 1 and 2, TnaG and tv3, we would go absolutely insane, I mean we'd all go bonkers, throwing excrement everywhere with our bare hands, at least until x factor comes on. Hardy Bucks and Rubberbandits are funny enough when you watch them on youtube but as soon as you stick them on a very censored channel like rte they go to absolute sh*t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

Hardy Bucks and Rubberbandits are funny enough when you watch them on youtube but as soon as you stick them on a very censored channel like rte they go to absolute sh*t!

I think that's a bit of an over statement in fairness. The Rubberbandits were the funniedt thing on Republic of telly last week and When I watched Hardy Bucks in a room full of students, they all seemed to be laughing.

But Maybe they were laughing at the ****ness of it all. The mind boggles.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

dollybird2 wrote: »
    They are both representatives of modern witticism and original fun. For me anyways :p

I think that horse outside and bag of glue are funny in their own right but their talent is cheap. They HAVE to resort to bad language in a big way. Witt in my book is being funny without having to be filthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dollybird2 wrote: »
    Rubberbandits are hilarious! But then I love Hardy Bucks also. They are both representatives of modern witticism and original fun. For me anyways :p

No they don't.

Unless you consider people dumb acting culchie sterotypes as witty & original.

Sure, Ritchie Kavanagh's being doing that for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

I reckon it'd be the wrong thing for them to do.
    Podge & Rodge were v funny at the beginning as was The Panel but they both soon went downhill.

If I were them, I'd stick to that republic of Tele thing for this season and then run the f*ck away from it and make a record.....but not a total humour record.
    No doubt they're talented in the studio, all their songs have good melodies and beats and they're decent rappers too.

I think best of luck to them, they're doing something different and getting people listening to Irish hip hop, however, I do hope they've brains enough to realise that overkill will bury them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

This is a Guard, we just found OutlawPete's body slumped over his laptop.

He has taken his own life and it seems the last thing he was watching was the 'Too many gee' video posted on this thread.

/One minute silence on After Hours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello folks. The ole TV forum or stand up comedy forum is the best place for this kind of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement