Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightforce 170 question.

Options
  • 23-10-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get the main lens body off a lightforce striker 170 (scope mounted) if that makes a difference?
    Mine is in about a million pieces after a meeting with a steel bar controlled by the force of gravity :(
    Rest of the lamp is fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Anyone know where to get the main lens body off a lightforce striker 170 (scope mounted) if that makes a difference?
    Mine is in about a million pieces after a meeting with a steel bar controlled by the force of gravity :(
    Rest of the lamp is fine.

Nope, if you find out let me know!

I lost the scope mounting bracket for mine a few months ago, lost without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Thanks JG
    Thier pricey, whole lamp only cost me €130 :eek:
    Might just go the extra few quid and get a new one.
    At least I have some spares then

Thanks JG
    Thier pricey, whole lamp only cost me €130 :eek:
    Might just go the extra few quid and get a new one.
    At least I have some spares then

£27 for a mounting bracket, daylight robbery (no pun)

http://www.deben.com/lightforce-accessories/lightforce-snap-catch-scope-mount.html

Better than £30.24 for a handle that no one needs :D

• Advertisement

Just found a handheld 170 for €99.
    I assume the reflector housing is the same as the scope mounted??

Just found a handheld 170 for €99.
    I assume the reflector housing is the same as the scope mounted??

Should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Why not just get the Ucaller Night-eye hand held its the same lamp head if thats all you need and should fit the LF 170. €59 in most dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭touchyie

Hi Tac,
    how does this mount owrk and is it any good?

touchyie wrote: »
    Hi Tac,
    how does this mount work and is it any good?

It goes on the scope, lamp slides on to it, what ever you point the scope at you see with the lamp.
    If you are lamping on your own it's the only way.
    However I lost my mounting bracket :(

I have the 170, but it can be a shade cumbersome, as I have the old lead battery's, I might ask Santy for the LitIon Batteries for Christmas.
    There is a waist belt attachment for the batteries, however I might try out a backpack as the batteries are the awkward part, especially if you are climbing fences etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭touchyie

Thanks for that, I have attached the 170 myself to my scope with home made mounts but its not 100% (nor75% if I'm honest) satisfactory, the it does sit tight enough and I dont have movement on the lamp so it can be hard to get the spot right on the target.

On the batteries, I have 3 12v 7ah 20 hr batteries (i get 1 1/20 heavy usage out of 1), and they are the dinger. I have 3 over night wash bags with a belt running through them, makes for a very economical set up:D

touchyie wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I have attached the 170 myself to my scope with home made mounts but its not 100% (nor75% if I'm honest) satisfactory, the it does sit tight enough and I dont have movement on the lamp so it can be hard to get the spot right on the target.

On the batteries, I have 3 12v 7ah 20 hr batteries (i get 1 1/20 heavy usage out of 1), and they are the dinger. I have 3 over night wash bags with a belt running through them, makes for a very economical set up:D

Hard to mount a lamp that is not designed for it.
    I have seen lads who taped a surefire torch to the bell end of the scope and it worked ok'ish at short distances

clivej wrote: »
    Why not just get the Ucaller Night-eye hand held its the same lamp head if thats all you need and should fit the LF 170. €59 in most dealers.

Bonus if it fits. Will be in sports den tomorrow so will investigate. Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 plinker

All parts should be available from any lightforce agent here. Call around..... or pm me if you cannot find them

Advertisement