Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pads peeling

Options
  • 23-10-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Two of 15 month old GR's pads look like they're peeling off at the edge. The skin under one pad looks red and the other looks white/normal but both look like they're a bit wet/weeping underneath the pad. He doesn't cry or growl when I look at them so I don't think he's in pain. I've made an appointment with the vet but having a google about it from american sites they all say it's normal - is it? I haven't upped his excercise or anything but he does walk funny due to a prob with his legs so i'm thinking it's down to uneven wear? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could be from uneven wear, in the mean time perhaps soak his paws in pre-boiled cooled water with a good bit of salt in it to help healing. Might need a bit of ointment or some aloe vera.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sorry not the best pic but this is what it looks like now.. It's not as red and inflamed but if i squeeze it the edge lifts up a little and it's wet underneath. I'm not sure now if he needs to go to the vet or not!?...but what if it lifts and gets ripped off or something?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

i always say concerning my pets. if in doubt go to vets. most times nothing is wrong but i feel its best to be safe than sorry. Lets us know what it is. never came across this

i always say concerning my pets. if in doubt go to vets. most times nothing is wrong but i feel its best to be safe than sorry.

I'm the same tbh!! But he's there so much with his legs that I feel paranoid that I'm going to look like i'm overprotective of him lol :pac: I had a look last night - it's not red/weepy looking anymore BUT it is lifting and i'd be worried about it getting caught/pulled so taking him tomorrow for peace of mind if nothing else!

Just to update the pad has split but it's healing ok by itself so he just has to wear a little boot over it when we're out to make sure nothing gets under the flap. Luckily I got him boots from zooplus when he cut his paw in the summer to have in case we needed them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement