Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan, unable to withdraw from ATM

Options
  • 23-10-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I drew down my student loan yesterday and I was told it would be put into the account within a few hours. I tried to withdraw funds yesterday and got the usual insufficiant funds message. This evening I went over to my BOI branch ATM to check my balance. The money is in the account but my max. cash withdrawal is E0.00.

Why is this? Do I have to wait until Tuesday to sort this out?

any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Contact banking 365. They may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sunjava

They are closed for business until Tuesday, so I was just wondering if this is a standard occurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Funds lodged to your account take a few days to clear. It gives the bank a chance to correct errors and debit unpaid items.

That's why you will often see balance €500. Less items not yet cleared €100. Plus overdaft €500. Available balance €900.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You would think that when drawing down a loan it should be cleared funds asap.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It should be cleared funds, but with regular loans they get transferred to the account electronically, so the funds are instantly clear, but student loans have to be put through manually which means they can sometimes take a day or two to clear. I don't think there's anything you can do about it until Tuesday. Ring your bank first thing and then ask them can they sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement