Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford Marathon 20/11/2011

• 23-10-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

Signed sealed and delivered during the week i am told.
    Route as yet unplanned but will involve running across the new bridge.

Great boost for the county and sure to get a good turn out...forget Dublin next year folks...the deise is the place to be :D

I will be doing it anyway,if i get a green light for a marathon next year i will go for Dublin as my fast one and then take in the scenery of this one 3 weeks later...all the training wil be done....

When i get any more info i will post it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

excellent,
    Is WAC behind it. Their half is on 3 weeks later unless they change it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

nutzzz123 wrote: »
    excellent,
    Is WAC behind it. Their half is on 3 weeks later unless they change it next year.

Didnt talk to anyone in the club about it yet but i do know they will be helping organising it,maybe they will incorporate the half with the full.
    It would make sense as i reckon numbers will be affected if they are kept apart...we currently get around 1000 for the half...we could get 1500/2000 in total if the route is well planned out ( fair,not to hilly )

Running is huge in the south east....this could be the start of something big for these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Always a risk I think running a marathon in it's first year (like Limerick last year) but if the Waterford clubs were behind it I'd be more inclined to give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Always a risk I think running a marathon in it's first year (like Limerick last year) but if the Waterford clubs were behind it I'd be more inclined to give it a go

WAC are certainly involved,not sure about WWAC...time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

How's it goin? I'm currently running ten k just about but would love to do this. Is it possible to reach this distance on just under a year? If so is there any good training plans as I ain't in no club. Cheers folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

yes it is, google "hal higdon" for marathon plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Ger Fay

Any update on the Waterford Marathon.

Advertisement