Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 broken cheek piece

Options
  • 23-10-2010 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a Tikka T3 Tactical rifle (for a few months now). I noticed recently that the adjustable cheek piece is no longer working. The tightening knob doesn't tighten. It just turns around without tightning the cheek piece. Has anyone else experienced this with their Tikka rifle? Any suggestions about how this could happen or how to fix it?

Seamus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

If it's a new rifle (less than 2 years old) it should still be under the Tikka T3 manufacturers warrantee.
    Tikka rifles have a 2 years guarantee. The rifles are inspected according to the rules of international organisation C.I.P.
    The products are guaranteed against possible defects in material or workmanship.
    In case of defect, please send the gun together with the guarantee card to your local Tikka dealer or importer

I'd suggest you contact either your Dealer (i.e. the shop who sold you the rifle) or get in touch with Ardee Sports directly (the Sole Agents for Tikka in Ireland AFAIK):

ARDEE SPORTS COMPANY
    PEPPERTOWN, ARDEE
    COUNTY LOUTH
    IRELAND
    Tel: +353-41-6853711
    Fax: +353-41-68 53 072

www.ardeesports.com

Try contacting Dave Brennan directly by email. He's been helpful to me in the past. Or contact Ardee's in-house gunsmith, Tony Curran - He's a sound man and will set you right (particularly if the rifle is under warrantee still).

Give up any hope of contacting Tikka directly!!!!!;):(

Best of Luck getting that sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

Hi if you bought the tikka t3 varmint without the adjustable cheekpiece is it possible to buy the tikka cheekpiece and fit it to to varmint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Not possible afaik, I'd say you're looking at an aftermarket cheekpiece or look out for a secondhand stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

OP if you are getting no hop, I know where there is a second hand stock available,

Drop me a PM

Advertisement