Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my ati 4870 be ok with this display?

Options
  • 23-10-2010 9:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,im thinking of getting this tv mainly for gaming hooked up to my pc and 360.
    Ive a second sky box setup beside my pc which will be handy
    :)
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5754263/art/lg/32le5310-led-television.html#tech-specs
    While playing on a friends setup recently i was blown away with the quality of his LG LCD.
    He sent me the link above and said its a lot better than one he uses.
    My main concern is my graphics card, will she be up to the task?

Powercolor HD4870 1 gig @ stock speeds

rest of my spec is :

Seasonic M12 700w PSU
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    2 X 500 GB Samsung Spinsoft

Runs everything i throw at it @ max settings with very nice framerate.
    Will i see any performance drop running on a 32" as opposed to a 23! monitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hi Cully,

The only thing I know of that matters (perhaps there is something else!) from a performance perspective is the resolution. So if the 23" has the same resolution as the 32" there will be no performance change. If you're moving from 1680*1050 -> 1920*1080 there will be a performance hit to some degree.

However I'm running a 1GB 4870 on a 1920*1200 monitor and its working well I would have played most major titles on it over the last year.

Regards,

Woden

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The only thing that really matters is resolution and refresh rate. If your current monitor is running at 1920x1080 then there won't be any difference in performance.

Edit: Beaten to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im running 1920x1080 currently on my 23" with very nice performance max settings etc on latest games.
    Thanks lads.

Advertisement