Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband - Problem with connection?

• 23-10-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, we built a new house and got an eircom Phone installed. I checked out new phone number on their website and it said I could get up to 4mb broadband. I rang Eircom and they also confirmed this so I ordered it and waited eagerly for my modem to arrive.

When it did arrive, I couldn't get it to work. I rang and made arrangements for a technician to call out. He checked the cabel that is running into my house from the road and said that there was no broadband at all coming to the entrance of my house. He told me that he would check along the road and see where the broadband was being lost. This was the last I heard from him until I received a text message from Eircom to say that my case was now closed. When i rang, they told me that I was too far from the exchange. I told them my neighbour has it, now they are about 0.4 miles nearer the town from us. I've spoken to a few people since who think it's very perculiar that their website says I can get it but they now say I can't. I'm just afraid that there is a problem which Eircom can't be bothered trying to fix. Has anyone any advice or experienced anything similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭whynotdo

Just that weirdly even in Urban estates two houses beside each other can be connected to diffrient exchanges if a person is unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If there is no DSL signal getting to the house, then you are either too far from the exchange as they said, or on a split line. Neither of these things are something you can change. eircom will never fix a broadband problem, only voice issues. If your line has noise when using the phone, then report that as an issue. This is the only way you'll get them to investigate a line problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Broadband

dudara

Advertisement