Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Netting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Here lies the root of the problem no real punishment or deterrent at all worth talking about. Until this changes (and it could change easily) the situation will only deteriorate.
    Do you honestly believe it will change? As much as I'd love for it to change, it won't. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Do you honestly believe it will change? As much as I'd love for it to change, it won't. :(

of course it wont change....i did not say that it would, i said it could change easily......but can we see that happening eh no not with these useless buffoons running the country.....it possible to commit murder and get out in seven years for good behaviour (as if you were meant to behave in any other way in prison) so if we are so lenient and over compassionate with murderers well its clear we don’t give a fiddlers about the netting scum and they will largely be left to continue...…
    the way this country is governed in all aspects is utterly pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

of course it wont change....i did not say that it would, i said it could change easily......but can we see that happening eh no not with these useless buffoons running the country.....it possible to commit murder and get out in seven years for good behaviour (as if you were meant to behave in any other way in prison) so if we are so lenient and over compassionate with murderers well its clear we don’t give a fiddlers about the netting scum and they will largely be left to continue...…
    the way this country is governed in all aspects is utterly pathetic.
    How bad do you think this will have to get before a change is made?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They didn't ban drift nets until east coast salmon rivers were pretty much empty ... :mad:

Mind you that was the drift nets the "government" legalised 20 years ago ..... (cue for chimpanzee noises)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Presumably what you mean by 'change' is a change in attitude to poaching.

That is a hard one. I suppose when it gets to the stage of acts of violence then those who are paid well to govern might listen. But like everything it takes some form of a tragedy before anything gets done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement