Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Operation flashpoint Dragon rising.

• 23-10-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Remember that game Operation flashpoint dragon rising? I got that when it came out and well, I suck at it so I put it away. However I love the graphics etc and want to play it again. The problem is that because I suck at it I cant get past the mission where you have to plant bombs in an enemy base.. so I was wondering, can I get a savefile or something somewhere or is there any other way I can basically cheat cause I couldnt be arsed trying that mission again and again and again.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I believe that we all agreed never to discuss this game again due even mentioning the name of it, is enough to put everyone here in a bad mood for an entire week!!! ;)

You now understand why... do yourself a favour and send that disk back to Codemasters with a nasty letter*!

*preferably with an IED attached ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

HA HA HA I'm so sorry folks. I'm not the only one then :D

What a pity they put sooo much work into a game and most of it will never be seen.... I'll leave quitely now and never mention it again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

That game was so ****e that there making a seqeul!!

i **** you not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is it ****e or just really hard? Was gonna pick it up but one shot one kill war games aren't exactly a barrel of laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

I actually thought it was one of the most enjoyable single player games in a long time. The multiplayer wasnt great at all.

Its been quite a while since i played it, but is this the mission were you are attacking a fuel depot looking place at the bottom of a sort of valley? if so i found the best way was to flank as far left as you possibly can and come in from the oposite side. then work your way clockwise to the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

siblers wrote: »
    Is it ****e or just really hard? Was gonna pick it up but one shot one kill war games aren't exactly a barrel of laughs.

Without a doubt its a case of being ****e. Its a shame because the original was a great game. Felt so pissed off at codemasters and their miserable treatment that I've vowed
    never to buy anything from them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

I personally couldnt tell if the game was any good.... My character was pretty adept at calling "MEDIC" though!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Now, SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!! You've opened up that wound again!!! Naughty boy, you been a very naughty boy... :D

For the record, it had amazing potential and we were all extremely excited about it. I had huge expectations for the game.

However, the final product lacked polish (very glitchy), ridiculously stupid AI that had super vision and the multiplayer should have had an option of a 8v8 team deathmatch. Then it would have been interesting without those AI guys messing about around you.... there's way more I could go into but I'm starting to get angry and need to go chill out for a while ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

is there any other way I can basically cheat cause I couldnt be arsed trying that mission again and again and again.
    Thanks

Practice makes perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Without a doubt its a case of being ****e. Its a shame because the original was a great game. Felt so pissed off at codemasters and their miserable treatment that I've vowed
    never to buy anything from them again.

Codemasters were just the publishers of the first game. Bohemia Interactive, made the first game, its addons and then went on to make the ArmA games.

Codemasters decided themselves to make Flashpoint 2 as they still owned the IP.

Thats why BI didn't call ArmA Flashpoint 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Codemasters were just the publishers of the first game. Bohemia Interactive, made the first game, its addons and then went on to make the ArmA games.

Codemasters decided themselves to make Flashpoint 2 as they still owned the IP.

Thats why BI didn't call ArmA Flashpoint 2.

I knew this anyway but I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I knew this anyway but I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me?

In your post it does not read as if you were aware of that fact as most people are not and assume Codemasters just went downhill.

You just bashed Codemasters (and rightly so) without mentioning that it was BI who made the first.

I'd love to see BI take a shot at the 360 platform with ArmA2, I think there were rumors of that happening a while back but I don't think it will. I never played Flashpoint on the Xbox so I don't know how the controls would cross over without effecting the gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

It pains me to even comprehend that I have the full 1000 gamerscore for this game. What a horrible time in my life that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

the AI usually were doing something like this guy when you were getting your ass kicked

Advertisement