Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 questions

• 23-10-2010 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey, got two questions here,
    Have decided to upgrade my machine and need some advice.,
    Firstly just got a new SSD drive and want to put a fresh copy Windows7 64bit on it, do i need to change from IDE mode?, also any tips for running windows smoothly like changing the folder options etc.?

Secondly only have 2gb of ram, can I buy another pair of sticks and use them with the old ones?
    thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

What type of SSD have you got?It should say the interface needed for it?(havent come across any of these yet,but would imagine it isnt IDE but maybe sata?)

You should always try and match the ram.You possibly have 2 sticks off 1gig ram so to upgrade buy 2x2gig ram sticks.Also make sure your motherboard can support all of the above

Advertisement