Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Finians Primary School, Newcastle?

• 23-10-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone any info on this school in terms of quality of teaching, after school activities, waiting lists, school ethos, class size, any bullying ect..?

Any other schools you'd recommend instead?

Thanks, any info appreciated,
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Libra1

see their website

stfiniansnewlyons

they have a blog to see what they are up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

My son goes here (going into 1st Class this year)

He just loves it & would go 7 days a week if let. It's a nice small village school, all the teachers seem to know all the kids & the older ones have responsibility for "minding" the younger ones (with teacher supervision) which cuts down on bullying, this is taken very seriously.

Ethos is catholic as the school is under the partonage of the catholic church, but there are a number of kids who aren't catholic (my son included) you have to provide your own supervision if you do not want your child to take part in religion class, we just let him, he just won't be making communion / confirmation. There was no issue with this on enrollment, but we do live in Newcastle.

There are a number of afterschool activities, including sports art & crafts etc, these usually don't start until 2:45 though so not much good for the infant classes. There is no afterschool / homework club as yet.

Overall the little lad has had good teachers, the school is well resourced with interactive whiteboards well stocked library good size hall etc.

I think this covers just about everything you asked drop me a line if you need to know anything else

Advertisement