Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kinect poll to see how many boardsies are picking this up straight away?

• 23-10-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭

hi poll attached, asking as unsure whether to pick this up release day or wait til the new year sometime?

when if at all are u picking kinect up and discuss guys?? 196 votes

release day must have even if games are less than great!
    0%
    ill be waiting for better games and to see if this really has potential
    17%
    DeVorevasch_roCorben Dallasjv2000KarmafaerieaidiLord Spencestesaurusduploelabsrizzlabonkersbudhabobniallonallanb49stomprockinDenisoftusbluemachaveliPedro Monscoochrobbie1jessconr 34 votes
    not going near this at all..
    46%
    VenomD-GenerateLex_DiamondsMr EtmanmossieTwodogsKur4mAadser53Lucious SweetAthAnRiwesNolimitsneacy69antomackmcgovernbravfifthgizmo-=al=- 92 votes
    unsure of whether this is gonna be a buyer at all?
    35%
    CiaranCMakaveliTerminatorsuper_furryTouchingVirusJimAdMMMbizmarkdeadducksavemejebusSuprSi[Deleted User]madrabtoxofcalex71senordingdongevad_lhorgHeadshotLIGHTNINGquad_red 70 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Won't be touching this as it's just chugging Wii Ware knockoffs for the time being. I have a Wii for the past 3 years just gathering dust.

If they start to use it as a head tracker like Track IR for the PC, which completely transforms how I play flight sims and ARMA 1/2 then I'll by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Worthless tested it in the Grafton St place the other day , At least my wii will play Romz along with it's laggy controls.

Edit: My main problem with this aside from it's wii like feck knows how many sports/fit launch titles is that games will just tack this on, achievement unlocked - you were a sucker who bought Kinect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

tbh i think i would rather buy a wii for 4 games mario bros, galaxy1 and galaxy 2 and mariokart..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll let it settle for 6 months before deciding. I have a feeling it will be all dance, fitness and minigames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

No interest, Most of my points against buying it have been mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

it's safer to sit back and see what it will be used for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

think ill leave this til feb or march might pick one up second hand reasonably priced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'll be buying it at launch.

I want the new Xbox S so getting the Kinect bundle will save me some money. Going by how much MS are investing in the Kinect marketing I can't see them letting it die so it'll be around for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

had the eye toy on ps2 and my sis has a wii wasnt really impressed by either as they were fairly gimmicky this just seems like what would happen if they both had a kid together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

afaik it's launching at €150. . .good luck with that MS, minus interest here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonkeyfonkey

It seems like Microsofts reaction to Playstations move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

need a new xbox so getting the kinect with it for extra €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I preordered mine ages ago, now it turns out I'm going to be abroad on the day it comes out. Hope they'll hold it for me for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If i had more spare cash i would pick it up as im interested in it. But 150 is quite a lot, add in a game or two to that and its over €230.

Bit worried that they are not sending out many review hardware kits either and have set the embargo for release day, yet they are pumping 1/2billion into marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

I dont think I'll pick it up. I'd like to give it a try, but I cant see playing it much atall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Probably going to wait for a 6+ months to see what the second wave of titles are like - now that they have the 'sitting' problem sussed out and all of that.

Microsoft are investing about 1/2 billion dollars in launching this and have a heap of launch titles for it. I don't think they'll let it die without a good fight. (Ok of those 17 launch titles, there are really only about 4-5 different game types and that's really why I wouldn't be getting it at launch).

Lets see what else comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

No interest in this at all. It looks terrible and I have a feeling it won't be half as successful as Microsoft expect. They could be on for a huge loss on this one.

I think a previous poster was right in saying that kinect will mainly focus on dance/fitness/strategy games and at the price they are selling at it's a no go for me.

Even at half the RRP I don't think it would interest me. Maybe if and when it drops to around €50 mark I'll give it a go but even then probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

hi poll attached, asking as unsure whether to pick this up release day or wait til the new year sometime?

I tried it a few weeks ago. It seemed. Ok. I want a reason beside 'it's new' to buy something though.

Plus you need 8 feet clear to play in. Don't have that much space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Will pick it up launch day, will be worth it to me simply for the gesture / voice controlls for the xbox. I stream a lot of content through mine so in my own situation it would be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cheevo Hunter

It seems like Microsofts reaction to Playstations move!

As soon as Sony heard about Kinect they cried like babies! "Uh oh we need to think of something! Quick throw another dodgy camera out the with painted wii controllers with light bulbs attached!"

And for all the people that are putting it down for not having good games on release day then I recommend to just wait before buying. Check out some of the games that are on the way like Fighters Uncaged and Steel Battlion!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

hightower1 wrote: »
    Will pick it up launch day, will be worth it to me simply for the gesture / voice controlls for the xbox. I stream a lot of content through mine so in my own situation it would be worth it.

No voice controls for Ireland at launch, who knows when that will be enabled

Edit - nevermind, a quick google search has rubbished what I've just said above, my lack of interest has resulted in me posting incorrect info, apologies...still not getting it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

As soon as Sony heard about Kinect they cried like babies! "Uh oh we need to think of something! Quick throw another dodgy camera out the with painted wii controllers with light bulbs attached!"

And for all the people that are putting it down for not having good games on release day then I recommend to just wait before buying. Check out some of the games that are on the way like Fighters Uncaged and Steel Battlion!;)
    Steel battalion may be interesting but i wont be for a while, but fighters uncaged looks like pure tripe.

Wouldnt touch either of them, though at least the move is a lot less money to look like an eejit, jumping around in your room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Money is what's causing me to pause,
    because Dance Central sold me on it. Harmonix do great work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just doesn't interest me at all. My initial impression was that it was a fancy Eye Toy and wouldn't have any games I'd want to play and having playing with it in the Kinect Experience on Grafton Street, I believe that even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll be picking this up but only as part of a bundle which includes a console and the Kinect.

I was gonna buy the new Xbox but decided I'd wait until they release a bundle deal with Kinect included.

Until then, I can put up with my noisy brick. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Check out some of the games that are on the way like Fighters Uncaged and Steel Battlion!;)

I'll take the once off joystick setup for Steel Battalion on the Xbox over Kinect any day even though it only works for one game it's as cool as.

I don't want to be waving my arms and legs all over the shop to control a 30ft tall mech.

I hate having to use the motion control on the PS3 sixaxis as it is. I look like a right prat playing Heavy Rain at times, and feel like one too, and that's with the Move control option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Don't think I'll bother with this at all. Really not my kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'll be picking this up but only as part of a bundle which includes a console and the Kinect.

I was gonna buy the new Xbox but decided I'd wait until they release a bundle deal with Kinect included.

Until then, I can put up with my noisy brick. ;)

+1 to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

i'm picking one up on pre order next thursday here in toronto.. hope its not region locked.. anyone know>?

Advertisement