Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kinect poll to see how many boardsies are picking this up straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

unsure of whether this is gonna be a buyer at all?
    Console gaming involves sitting down to relax with a joypad. Kinect takes away the two things that define console gaming for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The lads at Gamespot played 6 games over an hour, I like the look of the Ubisoft fitness game.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/kinectsports/video/6283069

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

ill be waiting for better games and to see if this really has potential
    Well the Kinect Sports is basicly Wii sports but other stuff looks ok Fable 3 will work on Kinect, have a look at these two clips one of the fighting game and what we have all been waiting for since childhood, Kinect Star Wars lol jumping around our sitting rooms pretending to be a jedi (time to dust off that plastic lightsaber in the attic) and who cares if its a **** game once I can wave my hands in the air to use the force and swing my lightsaber I'm sold! :):):)

Hmm think of the possibilites of Kinect COD hmmm the constant teabagging lol

http://www.sorethumbsgaming.co.uk/TEST.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm buying it for 3 reasons. Voice control when streaming stuff, the webcam so herself can video chat with her family back home who have my old 360 and will be getting a kinect too, but lastly, for Star Wars. Since I was 3, I wanted to do things like force push, opening doors, wielding a lightsaber. This is the closest I'll ever get :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I'm buying it for 3 reasons. Voice control when streaming stuff, the webcam so herself can video chat with her family back home who have my old 360 and will be getting a kinect too, but lastly, for Star Wars. Since I was 3, I wanted to do things like force push, opening doors, wielding a lightsaber. This is the closest I'll ever get :pac:

Voice control wont be in Ireland until 2011 and the star wars game is going to be on rails :rolleyes:
    Well the Kinect Sports is basicly Wii sports but other stuff looks ok Fable 3 will work on Kinect, have a look at these two clips one of the fighting game and what we have all been waiting for since childhood, Kinect Star Wars lol jumping around our sitting rooms pretending to be a jedi (time to dust off that plastic lightsaber in the attic) and who cares if its a **** game once I can wave my hands in the air to use the force and swing my lightsaber I'm sold! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hmm think of the possibilites of Kinect COD hmmm the constant teabagging lol

http://www.sorethumbsgaming.co.uk/TEST.html

Fable 3 will not support kinect smile.gif
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/13/fable-3-kinect-minigames-involved-statue-making-tomatoes/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

not going near this at all..
    Mr E wrote: »
    I'll let it settle for 6 months before deciding. I have a feeling it will be all dance, fitness and minigames.

QFT. I'm not sure I'll pick it up, but wouldn't dream of getting it for at least 6 months if I did.
    Money is what's causing me to pause,
    because Dance Central sold me on it. Harmonix do great work.

I saw (but didn't bother playing) about 5/6 games on Kinect at the Eurogamer Expo. Dance Central was the only impressive game out of the bunch, and more importantly, the only one not suffering from very visable lag. The first party titles looked like trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Voice control wont be in Ireland until 2011 and the star wars game is going to be on rails :rolleyes:

Not bothered by either issue. I get to use the force, no matter how finicky it is, I'm looking forward to it. Besides, it's 150 Euro. It's not the end of the world, and if it's rubbish, someone else'll buy it off me when I'm done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Nothing out at launch, so I'll wait for it to be worth owning. I waited for Oblivion (March 06) to get the 360, didn't get it on release. Don't see why I'd even put any thought into getting kinect without good games being out at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Fable 3 will not support kinect smile.gif
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/13/fable-3-kinect-minigames-involved-statue-making-tomatoes/[/QUOTE]

Fable 3 will support Kinect just not on launch it will be be released afterwards something about the Mo-cap mapping not being highest quality when game was shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've had it since August, think I've used it three times, not worth €150, go buy rock band 3 if you want to have a party game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

ShaneU wrote: »
    I've had it since August, think I've used it three times, not worth €150, go buy rock band 3 if you want to have a party game.

Pics with kinect sitting on your comp with this thread in the backround or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

hightower1 wrote: »
    Pics with kinect sitting on your comp with this thread in the backround or GTFO
    Really? ... There are a number of people who have been in the closed Beta for Kinect since the summer, they got the hardware and a few games for testing. So, it's perfectly plausable for Shane to have had the Kinect that long.

Although the first rule of Kinect Hardware Beta was "You don't talk about Kinect Hardware Beta" :) ... I suppose they're much more lenient with talking about it now that the release is next week in the States.

P.S. I wasn't one of the lucky few.

Really? ... There are a number of people who have been in the closed Beta for Kinect since the summer, they got the hardware and a few games for testing. So, it's perfectly plausable for Shane to have had the Kinect that long.

Although the first rule of Kinect Hardware Beta was "You don't talk about Kinect Hardware Beta" :) ... I suppose they're much more lenient with talking about it now that the release is next week in the States.

P.S. I wasn't one of the lucky few.

Yeah, really. Boards.ie is well known for pure out and out lies when people wanna prove a point. Not accusing anyone of being a liar but I dont belive everything I read on a post on boards! ;)

I had heard of folks getting the beta of the Nov dashboard update but not of the kinect hardware itself so as I said... pics with kinect and this thread in the same shot or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Yeah, really. Boards.ie is well known for pure out and out lies when people wanna prove a point. Not accusing anyone of being a liar but I dont belive everything I read on a post on boards! ;)

I had heard of folks getting the beta of the Nov dashboard update but not of the kinect hardware itself so as I said... pics with kinect and this thread in the same shot or gtfo

I agree with not believing everything you read but ppl did get kinect hardware as beta testers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A few people here were definitely in the Beta. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

bucks73 wrote: »
    A few people here were definitely in the Beta. ;)

they sure are ;)

mailrewop wrote: »
    they sure are ;)

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Im going to let the situation develop for a few months and actually see if Kinect is a good investment and has good games.

mailrewop wrote: »
    they sure are ;)

;);)

;):cool:;)

• Advertisement

Indeed they were, but as of today not any more. Although I think "they" have a few more days embargo to go before breaking all the news.

I'm going with a News of the World exclusive.

"My Kinect Hell".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

had a play on this in smyths in carrickmines on friday. was really impressed, the guys showed me the dev software that sits behind it and how the camera picks up movement...ive talked the kids into trading the WII for it, rather that than the wii gathering dust.
    the kinect will be on show at PC world tomorrow (sunday) in carrickmines 12-6pm if anyone is interested in taking a look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Kinect is released in the US tomorrow AFAIK.
    What is the release date for Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The 10th I believe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Saw two guys giving a demo of this the other day.
    I only watched the soccer but it was painfully slow, you kick it left or right in a predefined angle,then recieve the ball then theres another pause as you or another player chooses to kick in one of the predefined angles and so on until you get to the goals, zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    There was also atleast a second delay after the ball was kicked before it actually happened onscreen.
    Seemed very gimmicky to me but i reckon kids will love it.
    Unfair for me to make a judgement on the few mins i saw of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

My xbox is normally played in bed so unless there's some Kinetic sex game it's not really practical :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

My xbox is normally played in bed so unless there's some Kinetic sex game it's not really practical :D

You probably need the PS3 Move then mate ;)
    Dildo-Stick-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I had no interest in the Playstation Move and I will also not be getting this. I like to play my games with a joypad or keyboard and mouse.

Dcully wrote: »
    Saw two guys giving a demo of this the other day.
    I only watched the soccer but it was painfully slow, you kick it left or right in a predefined angle,then recieve the ball then theres another pause as you or another player chooses to kick in one of the predefined angles and so on until you get to the goals, zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    There was also atleast a second delay after the ball was kicked before it actually happened onscreen.
    Seemed very gimmicky to me but i reckon kids will love it.
    Unfair for me to make a judgement on the few mins i saw of it.

The Soccer is really babyish, but my God it's tremendous fun. Don't expect FIFA whatever you do. Although it's Be a Goalie mode is actually far better than FIFA. Wasn't any lag that I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

So of those early adopters, what games are people here getting with it? I'm waiting til tomorrow to see metacritic reviews on everything.

Advertisement