Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kinect poll to see how many boardsies are picking this up straight away?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

ill be waiting for better games and to see if this really has potential
    bought it here in Canada for 127 dollars with a discount.. so 100 euro

it works with my irish xbox so its all region free..

first impressions

it is a lot of fun and works quite well but only with a few parts of your xbox setup like zune, sky(which i havent signed up to but can access from toronto) and obvisouly the games

the kinect adventures game i got with it is good fun but seems more like a demo than an actual game.. the games on it are good but tire pretty soon.

easy to set up yet you do need quite a bit of room, 8 feet to get it working brilliantly,

so far so good - i spent 100 euro, equivelant of two games on a peice of hardware that is ahead of the rest(may not be spectacular) but worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

unsure of whether this is gonna be a buyer at all?
    bonkers wrote: »
    bought it here in Canada for 127 dollars with a discount.. so 100 euro

it works with my irish xbox so its all region free..

first impressions

it is a lot of fun and works quite well but only with a few parts of your xbox setup like zune, sky(which i havent signed up to but can access from toronto) and obvisouly the games

the kinect adventures game i got with it is good fun but seems more like a demo than an actual game.. the games on it are good but tire pretty soon.

easy to set up yet you do need quite a bit of room, 8 feet to get it working brilliantly,

so far so good - i spent 100 euro, equivelant of two games on a peice of hardware that is ahead of the rest(may not be spectacular) but worth it

GTFO :eek: That is a lot to anyone using it in a bedroom or tight for space in a flat etc my couch is barely that away from the tv and I dont use an xbox there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

calex71 wrote: »
    GTFO :eek: That is a lot to anyone using it in a bedroom or tight for space in a flat etc my couch is barely that away from the tv and I dont use an xbox there.

Yup, this will be a serious issue with a lot of Irish homes. Have a look at the reviews, ideally it needs to be 6 feet away from you or 8 feet for 2 players. . .we've a real long kitchen, maybe ill move the telly and xbox in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I'll be picking this up for the kids at xmas and looking forward to seeing them act the fool..think there is just enough space in the telly room for 2 kids playing :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Anyone know if there will be shortages in December like the Wii a few years ago?

I suppose no-one really knows - MS are hoping they sell that well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Great, the ads for it are already gobbling up air time. Great response from my dad when he saw one last night, *snort* "What a load of bollocks".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Anyone know if there will be shortages in December like the Wii a few years ago?

I suppose no-one really knows - MS are hoping they sell that well!

It depends on the kind of stock they allocate to Europe.

In the US it apparently wasn't a day one sell out which kind of surprised me given all the marketing and hype. Since Thursday more stores have been selling out, but people say you can still find places that have it. I think a lot of the talk from Microsoft before launch about preorders selling out and about huge demand was overblown, just using that to try and drive interest.

Anyway, I'm sitting this out for now. There's too many compromises. I would barely have enough room, and the multiplayer seems kind of gimped. Just Dance on my Wii already gets people up and dancing in front of the TV and it's not limited to one or two people or require the same amount of space. Don't feel like spending €200+ for the same kind of thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

not going near this at all..
    yea the space issue is gonna cause all sorts of issues for the majority of households I reckon. I'm not interested in this now. I'd have the room by repositioning my tv and couch but it's not a practical layout for the room and the thoughts of moving things just to get the best of this and blocking access in and out of the room is a no go.

It will be a non mover for me unless some killer games arrive for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If anyone that had the beta and is looking to sell it I'll buy it from you if Antibes interested let me know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GamesMaster noted in this month's mag that pre-orders have sold out Kinect in GAME and some other store, that they couldn't get their hands on one (i find that statement to be BS - maybe the person who wrote it forgot to pre-order his personal Kinect)

which i'd mean that Kinect will sell well.

Personally, if there's 44 million 360's about, I'd imagine that less than 5 million Kinects would be sold (in 2010). I could be wrong, but it's just my 2 cents. (Less than 5 million 360 owners are casual gamers willing to spend 150 squid)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    GamesMaster noted in this month's mag that pre-orders have sold out Kinect in GAME and some other store, that they couldn't get their hands on one (i find that statement to be BS - maybe the person who wrote it forgot to pre-order his personal Kinect)

which i'd mean that Kinect will sell well.

Personally, if there's 44 million 360's about, I'd imagine that less than 5 million Kinects would be sold (in 2010). I could be wrong, but it's just my 2 cents. (Less than 5 million 360 owners are casual gamers willing to spend 150 squid)

Amazing they couldn't get one & yet they've a 4 page Hands on with Kinect(featuring Jens Lehmann?).The initial batch is sold out in GAME but they'll have more supplies before Christmas.Like a lot of people on this thread I won't be buying one but you won't have problems getting them for Christmas I imagine. Especially with a Price Tag of €150 & buying a game like Dance Central or whatever means you can round that at €200,not too many casual types can afford that on top of a new Xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

No interest in this - better off getting a wii if you want that kind of game play! Nintendo are experts in that field unlike Microsoft who seem to copy their ideas :rolleyes:

...that being said I do own a xbox :o but I'm prob going to sell it

Oh sht, we now have our own version of Ellen/Oprah in Ireland.

Ray Foley is giving em away on today fm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Oh sht, we now have our own version of Ellen/Oprah in Ireland.

Ray Foley is giving em away on today fm :pac:

Rays off in london. It's JP.

He does keep pimping it though. Brand awarness I suppose.

rizzla wrote: »
    Rays off in london. It's JP.

Ah right, was only listening to it for 20mins or so, the two of em sound so alike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Tell me about it, I wouldn't have known if I didn't catch it from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If i thought I was going to part with €150 for this I'd by checking into an asylum , this has nothing worth even the cost of a retail game let alone 3 of them. I'll look forward to picking it up for 9.99 in a bargain bin down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Trusted Reviews have given it a glowing report

http://www.trustedreviews.com/video-games/review/2010/11/08/Xbox-360-Kinect/p1

I think the way to look at it is - it's not really for anyone who has a 360 and likes the latest RPG or shooter ... there might be some "after the pub" appeal ... my gf is definite now that she wants me to pick one up for her after seeing Your Shape Fitness Evolved

i guess it's win-win for MS. The potential Kinect market is an entirely new set of customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Have mine paid for, me and the missus (mostly her) looking forward to the fitness and dance central one. When have us early adopters gone wrong?.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Couldn't be bothered really. I'll wait for someone to sell it cheaper on adverts or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

bought it on release..brilliant fun for adults and little ones.. surprisingly good technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

should be good fun, cant wait for Chrimbo :D

Advertisement