Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mc Donalds Security Grafton St Dublin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

McDonalds' owners are terrified of complaints reaching their head office. So if I were you I would write a letter to the OWNER of the store and clearly mention you have CC'd it to McDonalds' HQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

A similar situation happened me before in whatever bar has replaced Doran's in Temple Bar... a MALE security guard started banging on the door of the cubicle I was in, demanding I get out as i had "been in there for 15 mins". I had been in no longer than 3 mins. I'm a girl, lord only knows what kind of ladies things I might of been taking care off! I said to him that I have a stomach condition (I don't but many members of my family do), and he should think twice about barging in and making an absolute show of someone who might already have an awkward medical problem. I know its a pub and all that but the lack of professionalism stunned me. I was upset and embarrassed.

OP, please complain about this, people need to be more professional when dealing with bathroom situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

david75 wrote: »
    perhaps i didnt explain correctly, i was looking up at the menu when he grabbed me and simultaneously pulled out my earphones and started shouting at me to take my hood down. i hadnt even seen the guy up til that, it wasnt like i was trying to ignore him or anything, i was unaware of him completey until he grabbed me. clearer?

any physical contact is assault - complain to manager and also to the gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭thebullkf

sweet lord.

OP never should've left the store.i'd called Gardaí if unsatisfied with the managers attitude.

to the ignorant guy wearing a hoodie and earphones.grow up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Clearly the security grunt thinks he is still in deepest Africa,
    and thinks its okay to shout and verbally abuse people.

Speak to the Irish management team, if they don't address it by cob, escalate to European level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

T-Square wrote: »
    Clearly the security grunt thinks he is still in deepest Africa,
    and thinks its okay to shout and verbally abuse people.

Speak to the Irish management team, if they don't address it by cob, escalate to European level.

What makes you think he is from Africa?

k_mac wrote: »
    What makes you think he is from Africa?

A black guy with an African accent is probably from Africa... but I hope your PC comment made you feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A black guy with an African accent is probably from Africa... but I hope your PC comment made you feel better.
    It was still a racist and bigoted comment and they will not be tolerated .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Op didn't say he had an African accent. Not all black people are from Africa, particularly not deepest Africa. And the assumption that people from Africa don't understand manners is equally racist.

• Advertisement

k_mac wrote: »
    Op didn't say he had an African accent. Not all black people are from Africa, particularly not deepest Africa. And the assumption that people from Africa don't understand manners is equally racist.

I agree the "deepest Africa" comment is out of line, but the fact that the OP was speaking to the man and said he was from Africa suggests he was in fact from Africa. I'm pretty sure if he had an English accent he would have said he was English, etc.

This topic isn't about race so please don't try to derail it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Back on topic folks. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

So the OP arrived to the hustle and bustle of the city centre from the quiet seclusion of the countryside and walked into Mc Donalds on Grafton street and straight to the toilets where he had a major number 2 and was very busy having this major number 2 when a security guard knocked on the thin rattly door demanding to know what the OP was doing.

Due to the loud presence of the security Guard Op had to quickly finish and open the door and say he was having a poo and might not have completed the poo properly.

There might be a privacy issue here but i'm not lovin it.

Number 2 = Is a poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Amateur mistake, buddy.

Brown Thomas, located right across the road, has a bog fit for a King. Downstairs, at the back of men's clothes section. Good arse paper too! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

Amateur mistake, buddy.

:cool:

Are you a professional toilet attendant or user?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

He is clearly a connoisseur of $hitters,
    you must be the slow corner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

fluffer wrote: »
    I think what happened to the OP was outrageous.
    I think what happened to david75 was a lesson in manners.

david75 and the security guard need to learn the same lesson.

You are 35 and you want to be treated with respect when you dont even bother to remove your earphones?

They were obviously coming out when the counter assistant got to me. i didnt get the chance. Still doesnt excuse the guy grabbing me so maybve you should read the posts before calling people ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

{SNIP}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

In the spirit of the security man being called a monkey, you could have reached into the toilet bowl and proved to him exactly what you were doing.

"Go on and open the door. I dare you..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

T-Square wrote: »
    He is clearly a connoisseur of $hitters,
    you must be the slow corner.

I'm Lovin' It :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 birchster

I don't think it was anything malicious 2010 was a bad year for us as the toilets were being used nearly everyday by junkies it almost became a hotspot is probably the reason for the security being so aggressive but that's no excuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement