Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24H pubs - wouldnt it be great? Would it ever happen here?

• 24-10-2010 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I think 24 hour pubs would be great. I live beside a pub, and sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and unable to go back to sleep. Times like this I would love to get up, get dressed, go to the pub, get a drink, read the papers.

Why dont we have 24H pubs? Would it ever happen here? What do you think about 24H pubs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Because we people are too stupid to enjoy them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

At the weekend, it's possible - if you know the right places & have enough drugs to keep you awake - to drink in pubs from Friday all the way through till Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

if the pubs were open 24hour there is some customers that would have to start paying the pub owner rent money because the fcukers would never leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

In Ireland? Hell no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭sonic85

you love sleep yet you want to drink all night? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

sonic85 wrote: »
    you love sleep yet you want to drink all night? :confused:

Who doesn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

no sleep-drink-no sleep-drink-no sleep-drink = a very big mess

i would agree with staggered opening times for pups and clubs but not open 24hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

In the uk..the pubs stagger the closing..so OP even if it became law here..not all the pubs are open all night...except what starbelgrade said..that comes with age ;)
    And experience..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

hopefully never. but bars that play music til 7-8am whilst halting alcohol sales after 3am, that'd do me to be honest.

Advertisement