Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Davidson (aquanaut) 2010/2011

• 24-10-2010 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Oct 23rd 2010. Got road bike. First ride to get used to road bike. First use of clipless. Test ride only.

1715 - 37 mins - slightly hilly (Becketts-pump station)
    Distance 10.79km
    Speed av 19.4kmh ( Inc stop for cleat adjustment)

Notes: fell off at junction (twice). Saddle back 1"? No wind / dry / cold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Oct 25 - 1058 Waterford - dunmore east and back
    20.4km - 54 minutes. Slight frost / dry

301010 - cold / windy - cycled outer ring road and tramore road inwards return to make up milage. The hill that I've been avoiding - I didn't even notice - rolled straight up. Moved saddle back a bit but still feel like all my weight is on my arms?

30km - 11am - 1hr 20mins

Same route as yesterday but only did 20km in 50 mins. Head wind and rain and didn't really feel like pushing it today. Also flipped the stem to an upright position - centred me on the bike but seemed like alot more effort.

Changes: seat up 5mm and further 5mm on road. Also handbars lowered by 2 rings (spacers ???).

Problems: Still noise when on smaller front gear, and smallest (and second smallest) back - advise please - is this cross chaining?

Route: Ballygunner hill, Williamstown, Waterford Ring Road to end and back turning off at airport roundabout to end, up by pub to Dunmore east road, back in - past home to Londis and back to make up distance

Stats: Speed max 51kmh, distance 41.4km, time 1hr 45min.

Weather: No wind, sunny, cold, black ice, dry.

Other: Any advise on warm down anyone? stretches or what? tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

warm down, over the last 10-15 minutes of a ride, gradually reduce your pace, make sure you're spinning your gears. Get out of your gear, shower. No harm in some stretches. Loosen out your back and neck, and stretch your obvious muscle groups.

• Advertisement

Thanks uberwolf, actually found some good stretches in that Sean Kelly .pdf - cheers

Advertisement