Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heaters layout?

Options
  • 24-10-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi , i am about to price installing a storage heating system in an old house , my plan was to put storage heaters in the kitchen and sittingroom and 1 panel heater in each of the bedrooms.The person that owns the house asked me to quote for storage heaters in each bedroom instead of panel heaters as he does,nt want to heat these rooms on peak rate electricity.When i size all 6 rooms and choose 6 storage heaters from a dimplex sizing chart i get total load of almost 18kw = 78 amps @ 230 volts,has anyone put storage heaters in bedrooms or whats my best option here to heat bedrooms efficiently and reducing overall full load.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

It is not recommended to heat bedrooms with storage heaters as they are on by night & most people sleep by night, which can make the bedroom stuffy.
    What is suggested is a panel heater with a thermostat ( that has an actual temperature range 5 - 30C) & time clock built in. The heaters coule be put on for an hour or so at night & early morning on the cheaper rate if they have a double tarrif meter. On top of that you have the facility to bring the heaters on during the day should they be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i usually fit about 6kw max of storage heating on standard nightsaver

separate NSH meter is about 12/13kw of storage heating but you won't get your panel heaters on the cheaper rate

you need more capacity after that-for larger installations

with electric heating

do you need electric water heating-you'll prob need dual-tariff if so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MFC

there are other heaters on the market that could be an option for you, Farho heaters have been mentioned here before,

Advertisement