Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCd connect down?

Options
  • 24-10-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm getting an error:

HTTP Status 503 - There are too many simultaneous logins - please wait and try again.

type Status report

message There are too many simultaneous logins - please wait and try again.

description The requested service (There are too many simultaneous logins - please wait and try again.) is not currently available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5

Happening for anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Yeah, happening to me too, anything specific you want to check? Email and Blackboard still up from what I've checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's a long weekend - a good time for the IT departments to do maintenance - so I wouldn't sweat it.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

That should be stickied

Second that :)

ucd.blackboard.com is another BlackBoard login method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I got it working with elearning.ucd.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭surm00

That should be stickied

most definitely. it's a major help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Hi,
    Ive trying to get in to the SIS web for a while now and its not working. I followed the links above and got in to blackboard. Anyone else got probs with this or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Ive been trying all day to get into my connect account, i need to get on blackboard to see about submitting an essay.I thought my connect was only one down so phew. Hurry up and fix it maintenance dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

LauraLuck wrote: »
    Ive been trying all day to get into my connect account, i need to get on blackboard to see about submitting an essay.I thought my connect was only one down so phew. Hurry up and fix it maintenance dudes.

Just follow the above links that a few people have already given. You don't have to go into UCD Connect to get to Blackboard. Go to elearning.ucd.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Just follow the above links that a few people have already given. You don't have to go into UCD Connect to get to Blackboard. Go to elearning.ucd.ie

lol thank you i should have paid more attention to previous posts.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

I found this for email www.imap.ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Overature wrote: »
    I found this for email www.imap.ucd.ie

It should be just imap.ucd.ie

The extra www can cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Are you meant to know this stuff? I submitted something small [no marks for it] a day late because I couldn't log in - can I say I couldn't get into blackboard or should I have known how to bypass the front page?

Are you meant to know this stuff? I submitted something small [no marks for it] a day late because I couldn't log in - can I say I couldn't get into blackboard or should I have known how to bypass the front page?
    You can always try - if that really was the problem, then it won't be just you, and the lecturer will see that. UCD Connect is supposed to be the "one-stop shop" that means you don't have to know the individual server names. I only kept links because it's faster to go direct to Blackboard etc.

— Kingsley Amis

I see the UCD Connect issue has made headlines ... in the Observer, at least. (Well, they have to get their news from somewhere, eh? )
    IT Services have now posted links to email, connect files, Blackboard, SIS web and CORE Portal ESS facilities on their website, in case of such an outage reoccurring.
    Well, the article doesn't provide a link to it, but here it is. At least they didn't put it inside UCD Connect. :pac:

ps: an email has gone out to all students about an upcoming planned outage - with direct links. That means that UCD Connect being down is no longer an excuse. Damn! :cool:

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

****e, has anyone else lost access to their e-mail account.

I can access it to the backdoor address, not through the main way, but can only get to my address book. Need to get to my inbox pronto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ****e, has anyone else lost access to their e-mail account.

I can access it to the backdoor address, not through the main way, but can only get to my address book. Need to get to my inbox pronto

This is karma biting you in the ass for being incommunicado in China to the point that roughly 50 people thought you were

(a) Dead
    (b) In prison
    (c) Getting married to a Chinese Student on Nov 20th (Your sister was convinced of this by the way)

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    This is karma biting you in the ass for being incommunicado in China to the point that roughly 50 people thought you were

(a) Dead
    (b) In prison
    (c) Getting married to a Chinese Student on Nov 20th (Your sister was convinced of this by the way)

Hey Jimmy, you graduated yet?

Seriously, I need to get to my inbox ASAP. I'll send a lovely e-mail to you if you can help me

Graduation is for the weak.

You should be able to use thunderbird or something to get the emails off your account via POP3. I think even gmail will do it - just use your normal username and password and set up to forward everything to a gmail account.

• Advertisement

I've tried that, set up a new account specially for it but it didn't recognize the ****ing e-mail account. I'll give it a shot again

I'm on the UCD LAN at the moment if you want to PM me your password and login and I can forward it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Have you graduated? when if so?

Year and a half ago was when I graduated but I was using it two hours ago with no problem and got absolutely no warning.

Jimmy, you've got to promise absolutely two things.

Number 1, not to **** around with my ****
    And more importantly, number 2, to stay away from my sisters e-mail

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Year and a half ago was when I graduated but I was using it two hours ago with no problem and got absolutely no warning.

Jimmy, you've got to promise absolutely two things.

Number 1, not to **** around with my ****
    And more importantly, number 2, to stay away from my sisters e-mail

Who's doing who the favour here? Jesus christ

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Who's doing who the favour here? Jesus christ

Jesus Jimmy, relax. You need to have a massage.

I'll see if IT can fix this nonsense or if it fixes itself and if not I'll send you a PM in the next few days. Thanks bro

Ah, it's grand. UCD support staff finally come up trumps, ironically after I leave the college. They're re-opening it for a week so I can extract everything that I need.

Big thank you to Ciaran if he's on Boards,

Jimmy, PM me your E-mail there

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

try it now (not Ciaran)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Im having the same problem, have they decided to close up graduates accounts now? I was naive enough to think I'd always have this email! Im screwed as I use it for everything, gonna have to inform so many ppl its changed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Ok so turns out my email is being deactivated to!! ah pain in the as$ because i use it so much! ive to contact everyone now with my new email! does anyone know is there anyway at all to be able to forward any emails sent to this account on to me from now on or will they just be sent back to the sender from now on? Theyv opened it up again now so i have until monday!

Advertisement