Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hit and run in gorey last night 25/10/2010

Options
  • 24-10-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

my cousin was hit by a car last night and passed away due to her injuries the gards were chassing a car when it happend they didnt catch them! if any one knows who these scum are please call gorey garda station!

and tell them! the car was apparently found burnt in carnew if any one seen this happen or know these people please ring gorey garda station its been treated as a murder case.

call at 053-9421222

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Thats terrible im really sorry to hear about your loss james. Scumbags, someone has to know something.

You have a mistake with the date james im sure you ment the 24/10/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭james1410

i put the 25 due to it happening in the earlyer hours. im in total shock we were close and she was only 20 if i find out who did this they will pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

I feel for you man.........really sorry to hear about your loss. You dont have the reg and make of car do you? seeing as the gards were chasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I don't know which emotion is uppermost at the moment, this lovely young girl was well known to my family.
    At the risk of incurring the wrath of the bleeding hearts that proliferate on these forums, I too hope you get to them first. Summary justice is preferable to no justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

+1 to that.

Sorry to hear that OP, hopefully these scumbags will be caught very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Sorry to hear that, James. Hope the fúckin scumbags get what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pity they weren't in the car when it was burning,scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Was very sorry to hear this, didn't know the girl myself but have friends who did. Couldn't believe it when I was told, absolute tragedy.

Hope it's eating the scum up inside and they will be put away for a very long time when they're caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Saw it on the news this morning. Very sad and I'm sorry for your loss. I was out last night with my 18yr old and left him to finish the night with his friends. I can't imagine how it would feel to get that call to the door.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

This is such a sad story. It has really affected the whole town of Gorey. Has there been any advances in catching who it was that did it? I really hope they get caught and thrown into prison.
    My sympathies are with you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

A man in his 30s has been arrested by Gardai in Gorey: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1025/gorey.html

Truly sorry for your loss. It's an absolute disgrace and I hope those responsible face the full rigour of the law. It just keeps getting worse and worse in this country.

If found guilty of a crime like this, a mandatory driving ban for life should be the minimum result.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

I hope those responsible face the full rigour of the law.

Try a slap on the wrist. My money is on pleading drunk driving. Dont understand why the State is not harder on dd. If a person chooses to get drunk they should be held accountable for what they do when they are drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Very sad that this would happen to someone totally innocent, scum whoever it was im sure!

Just to clarify, the car wasnt being chased by the guards at the time, but they were in the area.....as they naturally would be at that hour of a saturday night!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ILA wrote: »
    A man in his 30s has been arrested by Gardai in Gorey: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1025/gorey.html

Truly sorry for your loss. It's an absolute disgrace and I hope those responsible face the full rigour of the law. It just keeps getting worse and worse in this country.

If found guilty of a crime like this, a mandatory driving ban for life should be the minimum result.

Mandatory driving ban me ****. Life in jail would be more like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

My condolences to her family and her friends; a beautiful young life taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

so where the gaurds chasing them or not because i know of at least 3 cases where the gardai were not chasing a car that was involved in a fatal accident but where in the area and where first on the scene and witness saw them behind the car maybe the gardai like to think they are like starsky and hutch only in a focus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

geespot wrote: »
    so where the gaurds chasing them or not because i know of at least 3 cases where the gardai were not chasing a car that was involved in a fatal accident but where in the area and where first on the scene and witness saw them behind the car maybe the gardai like to think they are like starsky and hutch only in a focus

the case was referred to the Garda Ombudsman and it has been determined that they were not chasing the car at the time. So no Starsky and Hutch impersonations :rolleyes:

well done for managing to abuse the Garda for doing their job well and introducing your own silly little mindset to a thread about a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

My sympathies to your family on your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

James,
    very sorry to hear about your loss. Tragic that a young life be taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

this tragedy has happened what about avoiding the next one and having some sort of assesment of even a flicker of intelligence when recruiting gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

geespot wrote: »
    this tragedy has happened what about avoiding the next one and having some sort of assesment of even a flicker of intelligence when recruiting gardai

Yea clearly it was the fault of the Gardai and not the scumbag that was driving and left the scene, maybe they should get their crystal ball fixed :rolleyes:
    Very sorry for your loss may she rest in peace.

Mandatory driving ban me ****. Life in jail would be more like it.
    Yeah but we all know niether will happen since the legislation isn't there for the driving ban and the legal precedent for a life sentence in a hit and run case isn't there so rather it will most likely be put down as manslaughter.

Obviously I wasn't there, but I'm at a loss for how people are blaming the Gardai for this tragedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

even if the Gardai were pursuing the culprit it can hardly be there fault, only 1 person to blame here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can get Life for manslaughter. That scumbag in Sligo got for killing that young girl. Deepest sympathy to the Family & Friends of that young woman. Unfortunately they have now got a life sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Awful news to hear and i was dumbstruck at the mindlessness of it all,it;s scary that people just put no value on life anymore.
    Poor girl coming to her prime and full of life,my thoughts are with the family and her friends,terrible :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

uberwolf wrote: »
    the case was referred to the Garda Ombudsman and it has been determined that they were not chasing the car at the time. So no Starsky and Hutch impersonations :rolleyes:

well done for managing to abuse the Garda for doing their job well and introducing your own silly little mindset to a thread about a tragedy.

To be fair to that poster even though news articles are saying the Gardai were not chasing the car, talk in the area that they were chasing it is still persisting.

At the end of the day though, it wasn't the Garda that hit this poor girl.

You can get Life for manslaughter. That scumbag in Sligo got for killing that young girl. Deepest sympathy to the Family & Friends of that young woman. Unfortunately they have now got a life sentence.
    But it would be very unusual and very dependent on a range of circumstances.

As has been said there's only one person to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

May Kelly rest in peace.
    My heart goes out to her mother and sisters too as their father passed away 2 years ago, in my prayers.

Hopefully the driver will do the decent thing and own up.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ah I knew her, she was a lovely girl, really chatty and easy going.

Thoughts go out to all friends and family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ah here lads, the gards werent chasing the car. Can we leave it at that, they were in the area of the biggest nightclub in Gorey, near the garda station at 2.30 of a sunday morning on a bank holiday weekend, of course theyd be there!

What matters is somemone died!

Advertisement