Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool fc v Blackburn Rovers 3pm KO

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Roy's post match interview

Nothing controversial for once.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

I only saw highlight's on MOTD tonight but I was struck by a) the team spirit and passion shown by the players b) the attacking intent shown by team. Looked like we píssed all over Blackburn from what was shown.

All in all, very positive stuff. Roy finally getting to grips with the job and the team?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ardent wrote: »
    Roy finally getting to grips with the job and the team?

Hopefully, yesterday was a great positive.

Even listening to Gerrard after the match was good, he praised the fans and players. Spirits are on the up and players are getting confidence. If Roy sticks with that team and tactics abiet a few changes depending on opposition we'll be doing ok. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is just self-absorbed horse dumpings.

Get over yourself. They played possession football today not zonal football. Its completely different to what Benitez had them playing. But I guess you can't see that through your hate for Roy Hodgson or your belief that you know more than the manager of Liverpool fc who has spent most of his life in football management and only last year brought a club with no history in Europe to the Europa League final.

You played us off the park today unlike last year when you struggle to beat us at Anfield. The score ended up the same but last year Pepe Reina was man of the match, this year Paul Robinson was MoM imo even though we lost. The difference in the performances was down to possession football compared to zonal football. You won't beat Blackburn easily trying to play the ball into spaces because our back six is set up to beat that. Its teams like Arsenal who hold possession and Liverpool today who will beat Blackburn.
    Like Villa and Stoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Hopefully, yesterday was a great positive.

Even listening to Gerrard after the match was good, he praised the fans and players. Spirits are on the up and players are getting confidence. If Roy sticks with that team and tactics abiet a few changes depending on opposition we'll be doing ok. :o

How dare you sound positive on this Thread ;)

mixednuts wrote: »
    How dare you sound positive on this Thread ;)
    Its the happy pill talk I swear!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I find it funny 'Pool fans blaming Roy for the situation Liverpool are in. Give the man a chance. Rafa, like Houllier before him, was allowed too much time to drive the club further and durther down into the doldrums.

Roy's only just arrived and has had to try and weed out some terrible dross (e.g. Aquilani) and make a few new signings. Morale has also been at an all-time low.

I think once the team clicks, they'll come good. Meireles looks a decent player and Konchesky will improve the team.

One thing needed is a new striker to work with Torres.

I'm sick of hearing about him being the best striker in the world. Yes, he's a great player but he needs to get on the pitch more to even be considered.

That's where Liverpool's problem lies, not with Hodgson. They've a 30 million crock who they rely on too heavily for goals that needs to play more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lemlin wrote: »
    I find it funny 'Pool fans blaming Roy for the situation Liverpool are in. Give the man a chance. Rafa, like Houllier before him, was allowed too much time to drive the club further and durther down into the doldrums.

Roy's only just arrived and has had to try and weed out some terrible dross (e.g. Aquilani) and make a few new signings. Morale has also been at an all-time low.

I think once the team clicks, they'll come good. Meireles looks a decent player and Konchesky will improve the team.

One thing needed is a new striker to work with Torres.

I'm sick of hearing about him being the best striker in the world. Yes, he's a great player but he needs to get on the pitch more to even be considered.

That's where Liverpool's problem lies, not with Hodgson. They've a 30 million crock who they rely on too heavily for goals that needs to play more.

Must try harder.

Dont think anyone calls him the best, one of the best yeah.

A crock? lol far from it. Playing him so much w/ injury is what put him in this position. Have you even looked at he's goal stats?

2007-8 - 46 apps 33 Goals
    2008-9 - 38 --- 17---
    2009-10 -32--- 22---

Of course, this season he has only scored two. Which is bad but last season he had been out injured a couple of times, got serious and then suffered terrible form from lack of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love this bit, in Rafas penultimate season LFC finished with a club record points tally that would have won the PL in 3 of the 4 previous seasons I think (open to correction on exact numbers) He had an awful final season and no one can pretend otherwise but the idea of him driving the club into the doldrums is pretty stoopid talk. Gillett and Hicks did that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Who's this mystery £30m striker we suddenly have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mike65 wrote: »
    Love this bit, in Rafas penultimate season LFC finished with a club record points tally that would have won the PL in 3 of the 4 previous seasons I think (open to correction on exact numbers) He had an awful final season and no one can pretend otherwise but the idea of him driving the club into the doldrums is pretty stoopid talk. Gillett and Hicks did that.

Sure don't you know that was just a fluke mike.

PiE wrote: »
    Who's this mystery £30m striker we suddenly have?

This one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Roy's only just arrived and has had to try and weed out some terrible dross (e.g. Aquilani) and make a few new signings.

Yep, everytime i see Poulsen controlling the midfield, i think 'thank f*ck we got rid of Aquiliani.' Look at the way he's stinking up Turin with his dross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dont think anyone calls him the best, one of the best yeah.

A crock? lol far from it. Playing him so much w/ injury is what put him in this position. Have you even looked at he's goal stats?

2007-8 - 46 apps 33 Goals
    2008-9 - 38 --- 17---
    2009-10 -32--- 22---

Of course, this season he has only scored two. Which is bad but last season he had been out injured a couple of times, got serious and then suffered terrible form from lack of confidence.

I'm going by league appearances:

24 in 08/09
    22 in 09/10
    9 so far this season.

So in two seasons, Torres managed 46 league appearances. I'm not sure how many of these were as a sub for a few minutes when he was coming back from injury either. So, from a possible 76 league games, he played in 46, only 60% of Liverpool's league games.

And like I said, I'd be interesting in accessing how many of those 46 were games where he was coming back from injury.

I'm not doubting Torres' unbelievable talent, not for a second. I just think he's a luxury Liverpool can't afford at the moment unless they can sign someone to back him up.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    he was 20m

Depends which site you go to:

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/04/newsstory.sport3

This one says 26.5m. Also, I talk in Euros. I'm not living in Britain and trading in sterling last time I checked.

mike65 wrote: »

How is it stoopid talk?
    Where did Liverpool finish last season?
    7th that's where.
    And are you really naieve enough to think that the manager wasn't part of the problem?
    Have a look at the face on Stevie G when Torres was taken off against Birmingham. Was that Hicks and Gillet's decision?
    He looks to me like a player who's at wit's end with his manager.

Anyway, I'm out of here. I posted my opinion as this was a Blackburn related thread I was reading and I'm not interested in a heap of arguments from it.

Don't agree with my opinion, that's your perogative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Euros? Yeah right ;)

The Torres fee was 20.2 million that thats confirmed by the man himself somewhere, Guardian have always used that figure and I've corrected them on it (with links) at least three times down the years. Sadly they never update it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

"Possession Football not Zonal Football".

:rolleyes:

lol, get the ****ing boat.

Advertisement