Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Of Hype; Rebel 3! 13/11/10

Options
  • 24-10-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

ACTION!

The tournament will be held in either the XCG or Exchange, both in Dublin on the 13th of November. The venue depends on possible equipment at the venue and what venue we can bring with ourselves. The entry to the tournament will be €5, along with a €5 charge for renting consoles on the day.For those only attending for the tournament and not the casual play, a lower rate may be allowed on the day, as we will still need to cover rental costs. For those only attending casual play, there will be no tournament charge.
    Tournament registration will open at 12:00 in the centre, and will close at tournament start (1:30-2). Casual play after wards will run as long as people are happy to play, both before and after the tournament.
    People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; Group rounds followed by a double elimination tournament. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. For the winners and grand final, the matches will be best of 5 (losers final will still be best of 3).

1. All characters are selectable. This includes available DLC characters from the American PSN.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please.

11. All glory to the hype dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

The prize pot for the tournament will be split 35/20/10

The seeds are as follows from the prior tournaments;
    1: Joe
    2: Holly, Ramza
    4: Voa, Jarvy1
    5: Gory
    6: Xinkai
    7: Fletcher, QMM
    9: Scavenger XIII, Red, Yreval
    12: Onion, Doom, Kiki, Orim

If the Exchange plan does go ahead, we will need people who can bring equipment and such to post what they can bring down.

Get...hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm looking forward to this

If I can hold onto a top three position for a third time and win some cash I'll be happy! (but I bet just cause there's a prize now I will do terrible xD)

I can bring a copy of CS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can bring a mac, a hauppage, 2 mics, a mixer, a load of cables, and me to make it all go.

IF I am in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this

If I can hold onto a top three position for a third time and win some cash I'll be happy! (but I bet just cause there's a prize now I will do terrible xD)

I can bring a copy of CS

yeah now theres a cash prize i'm so gonna do worst as well >.< Ramza i'l laugh if you bring me down to loser again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1 copy of BBCS and probably 2 PS3 sticks here.

Also bringing DAT ASS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I'm considering starting up the JP class again so I'm not sure if I can make it. Plus I'll be all busy with CXC preparation! I'll know nearer the time if I can go, though.

Most likely i'll be bring a ps3 stick, bbcs and a ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Why 35/20/10? VOA you (Hype)dog, trying to pocket 35% of the fee's yourself! FOrshame VOA...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xinkai wrote: »
    Why 35/20/10? VOA you (Hype)dog, trying to pocket 35% of the fee's yourself! FOrshame VOA...
    To cover console rental?

Stuff costs money to host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Its €10 in total to enter, €5 of that is stated to be console rental (or premises rental if it ends up in exchange I guess) so surely the other €5 is for the prize pot?

Maybe Voa just mixed up the wording from modifying the older post - he sure had some wacky dates up for the first 2 WoH.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's to pay for my coke and hookers.

Seems like I can't register late for the JP class so I might be able to head down after all!

Vyze wrote: »
    Seems like I can't register late for the JP class so I might be able to head down after all!

Damn now, i have to play against you >.< but still most likely ramza is gonna put me down to loser anyway.

There's 65 total for prizes, if we get the same number as before (16), that leaves 15 from the prize fund. Last WoH, I had to fork over about 7 quid myself to cover costs, so that will help with that. Also, anything else left over goes to Dreddy for the community fund so that nice things like Doom's Hauppage and Sound board don't need to be on Doom's dime alone.

I'm totally not gonna take everyone's money and run... not until there's like 50 quid extra in the fund*;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

chueytoo wrote: »
    Damn now, i have to play against you >.< but still most likely ramza is gonna put me down to loser anyway.

The Ramza curse! ;)

It will be gas if I knock you to losers 3 times in a row, despite your excellent performances last WoH :)

Ramza wrote: »
    The Ramza curse! ;)

It will be gas if I knock you to losers 3 times in a row, despite your excellent performances last WoH :)

It won't be gas cause it's gonna happen lol :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Joe can I break.... I mean see your kneecaps for a minute?

Joe can I break.... I mean see your kneecaps for a minute?

i don't think you have to worry about me in the WOH 3. I've been rusty due to college.

You can't complain Joe, after sending me to losers last time you immediately followed me in and finished the job! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just checked my calendar and I realised that I've got tickets for a show on the 13th so sadly I won't be able to make it after all, sorry guys! :(

I'll make up for it by making CXC extra hype for the BB players! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That reminds me. Found out I'm working for this.

Won't be there to defend my 9th place :(

Dang...

Looks like we'll probably be in the XGC; lack of monitors and such:p

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I think thats better for our first tournament with a cash prize

Have we got any new faces coming? With some people dropping out I wonder if we'll even have a field of 16.

Hell I probably won't be there this time as translink insists the train is full both ways(which I know is a dirty, dirty lie but it refuses to let me book).

There's always the aircoach I guess but I don't think I'm desperate enough to pay even more and take a similarly long arse journey when I'm going to play **** anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

What game(s) are played at this?

Da Bounca wrote: »
    What game(s) are played at this?
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. The one I went to had some SF casuals running at the side too.

There will also be a Tekken tournament on the same day as well, I believe.*

Also, irregardless of how many we actually get on the day, I will still run the tournament.

The show must go on:D

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Just checked my calendar and I realised that I've got tickets for a show on the 13th so sadly I won't be able to make it after all, sorry guys! :(

I'll make up for it by making CXC extra hype for the BB players! :P

:(Pity you can't come, K so his one person i don't have to worry about anymore :D but theres so many people to worry about :eek:.

Yeah looking forward to the CxC, yes voa the show must go on ^_^

Advertisement